Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:55:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: TRANSFORMERS G1 (NEW! more Insecticon Clones)  (Read 16265 times)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: TRANSFORMERS G1 (added Prowl)
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2019, 09:14:00 PM »
OK; I pulled the trigger on about half of the range; the other half will probably be mine next month.  :D

...Do you have a board to play with these guys on? I’m trying to think of anything specific from the cartoons that’d make a good layout.

I immediately had the idea of maybe a participation game at Poldercon, with a 3x3 or 4x4 table, depicting a North American desert, with something like a dam and a hydroelectrical powerplant to fight over. It seems much of season 1 and 2 took place in the same old desert locale, so that should match just fine.

Mind; this is not a confirmed plan at all, but as they will need something to fight over,  it might as well be shared, right?  ;)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Online aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
Re: TRANSFORMERS G1 (added Optimus Prime)
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2019, 09:31:06 PM »
Love it 👍👍👍👍👍

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
Re: TRANSFORMERS G1 (added Ironhide)
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2019, 11:16:58 PM »
Here the last painted of the four autorobot (autobot): Cammello (Brawn):

Brawn was hands down my favorite character! There were two episodes that really featured him heavily, and my friends and I called them the "Brawn" episodes. According to the Marvel handbook on the Transformers, Brawn could lift 90,000 lbs., or 45 tons. Yeah, I like Brawn.
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2019, 11:52:50 AM »
OK; I pulled the trigger on about half of the range; the other half will probably be mine next month.  :D

I immediately had the idea of maybe a participation game at Poldercon, with a 3x3 or 4x4 table, depicting a North American desert, with something like a dam and a hydroelectrical powerplant to fight over. It seems much of season 1 and 2 took place in the same old desert locale, so that should match just fine.

Mind; this is not a confirmed plan at all, but as they will need something to fight over,  it might as well be shared, right?  ;)

That’s a great idea! A desert board with the Hoover Dam as a backdrop. Other ideas could be a space bridge in the middle of your board or a mountain with The Ark crashed into it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 09:40:11 AM by Andym »

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2019, 12:58:29 PM »

Here a picture of one of the boards used from the manufacturer ;)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2019, 08:23:17 AM »
That's already looking very nice, is that an energon transportation tower? The colour of the rocks looks to be spot on, but I'm thinking of a more permanent setup, as it would be a convention game, and I'd like it to look as suave as possible ;)

Also, because the 'scale' is approximately 10mm, if I plan this right, it could also be used for Dropzone Commander, which is in the same scale. And especially since creating such a board would mean a significant investment in time and effort (and money ::) ), I'd like to get as much out of it as possible of course!

Andy; I'm thinking of a Hoover Dam inspired setup yes, but obviously (much) smaller. But then again; you'd be surprised how much one can jam onto a table in 10mm, so I'm thinking it can still be quite formidable looking.

There should be roads, both asphalt and dirt, all over, to allow for vehicles to drive around, but also a dramatic height difference between the lake up top, and the bottom of the dam and its structures.

Going completely bonkers, and considering the amount of destruction the average Transformer battle seems to generate, I was also thinking of destructible terrain. Buildings to be ruined by robots walking through them, and maybe even the dam breaking, with part of the smooth surface of the dam being replaced by a piece with tons of water (effects) spewing out.

See; now this thing has got my thoughts going and it's getting a good grip too. If this gets further out of hand, I'm going to have to start my own thread... ::)

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2019, 02:00:49 AM »
I painted another Autorobot (Autobot): Canguro (Hound).

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
Re: TRANSFORMERS G1 (added Hound)
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2019, 01:26:28 AM »
I painted another autorobot (autobot): Saetta (Wheeljack).
Now I've painted 9 autobots and 9 deceivers.
I will take a short break for painting some oldhammer miniatures, then I will paint again other 6 transformers (3 x faction). ;)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: TRANSFORMERS G1 (added Wheeljack)
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2019, 02:03:05 PM »
Great work as always. And I want you to know that I will hold you responsible, if when my Transformers wargaming project gets out of hand... :D

And 3 per faction eh? Those wouldn't happen to be animal themed, would they? ;)

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2019, 02:24:47 PM »
Great work as always. And I want you to know that I will hold you responsible, if when my Transformers wargaming project gets out of hand... :D

And 3 per faction eh? Those wouldn't happen to be animal themed, would they? ;)

I yet had to postbone some of my previous projects to concentrate on these transformers ;)
I still have not bought the dinobots and insecticons, but I should make my order soon.
Next miniatures I will paint are the 3 Reflectors and two or three classic Season 1 autorobots.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2019, 03:55:27 PM »
I yet had to postbone some of my previous projects to concentrate on these transformers ;)
I'm glad you did though; you got me on the track of these miniatures I didn't even know existed before your thread. Coincidentally, from my contact with Trader's Galaxy, I understood there are/will be some companies bringing out licensed Transformers miniatures. Do you know anything about those?

I still have not bought the dinobots and insecticons, but I should make my order soon.
Dinobots will be in my next order, but the Insecticons are on their way to me... :D

Next miniatures I will paint are the 3 Reflectors and two or three classic Season 1 autorobots.
Yeah; I already found out these transformer miniatures are like Pokemon; gotta catch them all... lol

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2019, 04:25:53 PM »
I'm glad you did though; you got me on the track of these miniatures I didn't even know existed before your thread. Coincidentally, from my contact with Trader's Galaxy, I understood there are/will be some companies bringing out licensed Transformers miniatures. Do you know anything about those?

Yes, I read that Wizkids, announced a new licensing partnership with Hasbro with the addition of G.I. Joe, My Little Pony and Transformers to WizKids’ extensive line of miniatures.  Later this year in both pre-painted and unpainted formats.

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2020, 11:56:37 AM »
After a long pause (I was lazy), I painted another Transformer's miniature, a Dinobot: Tiran (Grimlock).
It will be used in my Pulp Alley Dinobots league. Soon I will paint two more Dinobots.

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
Re: TRANSFORMERS G1 (NEW! added Grimlock)
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2020, 12:23:13 PM »
I painted the second Dinobot: Bronto (Sludge).
I remember when I was a kid, and asked to Christkind (in the piedmont region, it was the traditional christmas gift-bringer) to bring me the Transformers toy: Tiran (Grimlock). However the real gift-bringers (my parents) did not found the Grimlock toy then take the Transformer toy Bronto (Sludge). They said to me that probably Christkind didn't find it ;) I was disappointed, and never had the change to have the Grimlock toy, until I bought it some years ago in and old toy market (loose, with all its accessories, for about 40 euro!).

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
Re: TRANSFORMERS G1 (NEW! added Sludge)
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2020, 05:06:59 PM »
I painted the last of the 3 Dinobots: Tricex (Slag):

« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 09:15:09 PM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »