Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:28:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: BSC2019 Hammers Godswood  (Read 13578 times)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Re: BSC2019 Hammers Godswood
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2019, 02:54:25 PM »
Thanks! My hand is getting sore from punching out thousands of leaves. But I think it will look good. I am trying to find a mix of colors which make the foliage look deep red but still has some variation.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2019, 07:44:10 PM »
I had a lovely day trip today, down memory lane and into the land of bilingual sign posts. First to the Elan Valley, where there are a collection of about half a dozen rather spectacular dams all within close proximity (yes, in this country we drive to look at dams), then to the ancestral family home of Cwmystwyth and thence westwards to the sea for fish and chips on the front as is traditional.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is that on a brief stop-off in Pontarfynach (Devil's Bridge) I saw something and thought of you, H.

Turns out they have a Godswood there, so it seemed only right and proper to pause to pay respects to the ancestors. Just thought I'd post it. If it doesn't give you inspiration for the project then at least it might bring a smile to your face.

Winter is definitely not coming, mind. Might be February, but it felt more like May or June. Bloody lovely day.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2019, 06:31:59 AM »
That’s really, great Dylan. Is it a collecton of carved trees or just one?

By the way, is that the same unpronounsable Pontarfynach which is the locatio. Of the first series of ’Hinterland’?

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2019, 06:38:25 AM »
Looking lovely Peder.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2019, 09:42:49 AM »
By the way, is that the same unpronounsable Pontarfynach which is the locatio. Of the first series of ’Hinterland’?

Yeah, that's what they say. Haven't seen it myself, but my brother is a big fan.

It was in the wooded grounds of the station of the heritage steam railway that goes to Aberystwyth, there's a nice little shop and cafe there too. There were other wood carvings there. Statues of animals and such, but if there were any other faces on trees I didn't see them.