Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:59:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689725
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: BSC2019 tonykapolka Phantom Fungus  (Read 860 times)

Offline tonykapolka

• Schoolboy
BSC2019 tonykapolka Phantom Fungus
« on: January 04, 2019, 02:29:43 PM »
My first time entering, although I've been a long-time lurker. Which made me think to build a Phantom Fungus.  Looks like they first appeared in the 3rd Ed Monster Manual, but let's not hold that against them.  See http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG207b.jpg

As drawn, they look ridiculous, and I don't like their arbitrary supernatural invisibility, so the challenge is to make one in two poses - as something that looks like static underground terrain and in the traditional non-subtle appearance. Since I have no experience with this sort of project, I'm going to make a bigger-than-medium-size one, maybe 2.5-3 inches tall. How bad can it turn out?

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Re: BSC2019 tonykapolka Phantom Fungus
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 03:01:06 PM »
My first time entering, although I've been a long-time lurker. Which made me think to build a Phantom Fungus.  Looks like they first appeared in the 3rd Ed Monster Manual, but let's not hold that against them.  See http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG207b.jpg

As drawn, they look ridiculous, and I don't like their arbitrary supernatural invisibility, so the challenge is to make one in two poses - as something that looks like static underground terrain and in the traditional non-subtle appearance. Since I have no experience with this sort of project, I'm going to make a bigger-than-medium-size one, maybe 2.5-3 inches tall. How bad can it turn out?

Glad you are joining us. good luck!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: BSC2019 tonykapolka Phantom Fungus
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 02:56:05 AM »
Welcome and good luck - only by trying will you be able to create.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen