Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:49:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley AAR: The Giant Rat of Sumatra, Pt.1  (Read 1837 times)

Offline ragsthetiger

• Scientist
  • Phantom Agent
    • rags' gallery
Pulp Alley AAR: The Giant Rat of Sumatra, Pt.1
« on: March 06, 2019, 10:14:10 AM »

"There's been some bad business down in Southwark, Mr. 'olmes," Inspector Lestrade began, an anxious expression narrowing his familiar, careworn eyes. "A warehouse burglary gone wrong, from the look of it. Night watchman dead, some boxes tossed about...but it's the condition of the body what has us, and the Chief Inspector, very concerned, as you might say. The poor man's back was broken, and his rib cage crushed, and such a look of 'orror on a man's face I've never seen -- and I'm no spring lamb, Mr. 'olmes. And there's another thing -- clutched in his hand was a shank of coarse dark hair, like some kind of animal fur...Mr. 'olmes, it seems some terrible beast has done this thing!"

Button up and bring your Webley as we embark on the most famous Sherlock Holmes yarn never written...the game's afoot here:  https://imgur.com/gallery/QutCOUR
Thanks to Whomever1, and to you for your interest,
rags
more reports & galleries:  https://imgur.com/user/ragsthetiger/submitted

Offline Jerm

• Assistant
Re: Pulp Alley AAR: The Giant Rat of Sumatra, Pt.1
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 01:35:30 PM »
Great report, fun to see the old classic Skaven models, and an amazing amount of cool details. But, best of all for me, that title is pure pulp gold. Great stuff!

Offline ragsthetiger

• Scientist
  • Phantom Agent
    • rags' gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 01:49:04 AM »
Thanks, Jerm...glad you enjoyed it.  Hope you come back for part 2.  ;)

Offline wardyla

• Student
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 04:52:03 PM »
Lovely stuff!

Who makes the 'Patriotic Bloke'?

Offline ragsthetiger

• Scientist
  • Phantom Agent
    • rags' gallery
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 09:52:17 PM »
Lovely stuff!  Who makes the 'Patriotic Bloke'?

Thanks, wardyla.  :) 
Patriotic Bloke's name is Rook, and he comes in a 2 pack with Dr. Zdenko Cerny in the Pulp Alley store.  I don't know who actually makes the mini.

Offline whomever1

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 06:20:54 AM »
  It was a great game, though somewhat ill-starred for Sherlock at the beginning. With his own skills and the addition of Allan Quatermain as back-up the league was profoundly shooty. Then Rags rolled 12" visibility (plus the fog banks), and my first fortune card was a "play immediately"--visibility reduced to 12", or if already 12" to 6". It all worked out, but I'm a little worried--Watson lost all memory of these events. and any notes he took were probably burned. We are undoubtedly heading for an event of Lovecraftian horror.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 03:31:54 PM »
  It was a great game, though somewhat ill-starred for Sherlock at the beginning. With his own skills and the addition of Allan Quatermain as back-up the league was profoundly shooty. Then Rags rolled 12" visibility (plus the fog banks), and my first fortune card was a "play immediately"--visibility reduced to 12", or if already 12" to 6". It all worked out, but I'm a little worried--Watson lost all memory of these events. and any notes he took were probably burned. We are undoubtedly heading for an event of Lovecraftian horror.

Very cool! We haven't had that combination of events yet - but I knew someone would.  ;)

Great battle report!

Offline ragsthetiger

• Scientist
  • Phantom Agent
    • rags' gallery
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 01:26:44 PM »
...We are undoubtedly heading for an event of Lovecraftian horror.

Right idea, wrong author.   ;)
Thanks, everyone!
rags

Offline Bessy

• Scientist
  • Namaste Mofo
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 01:35:58 AM »
Awesome stuff! Really enjoyed the battle report.