Forum > General Wargames and Hobby Discussion

What to do - what to do? Need opinions

<< < (2/4) > >>

WillieB:
That sounds very promising! I'll keep an eye out for those figures!

zemjw:
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "sell by subscription", but it sounds like the least flexible option.

A number of years ago there was a series of Babylon 5 sets that were sold by subscription, with each set numbered and limited. However, unless you knew about it beforehand you risked being unable to ever get the earlier sets. I subscribed for a while, but it got too much quite quickly, with some sets being useful and others not so much, but no way to skip a set without cancelling the whole thing.

Of your choices, I'd either set up and sell via a website, or go via kickstarter. If you have a bunch of figures ready, sell them and see what the market is like. If it's great, perhaps use kickstarter to fund the next round of figures.

FramFramson:
Kickstarter will be a good option if you have the moulds ready to go.

Usually miniatures Kickstarters are dodgiest if the figures have not been completed yet, whereas those where the investment has already been made in the design sculpting and moulding are the most solid.

Any pictures? You've got me interested in what might be on offer.

pops:
Sent some sneak previews to those that were interested.  BTW the terrific sculptor that sculpted all the greens for the line was Alan MaGuire of the UK - a member of this list.  Great guy and terrific sculptor!

Thanks for all the advice gents and for those showing interest a double thanks.

Alan maguire:
pops :

Thank you for the compliments Frank!

Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version