Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689522
  • Total Topics: 118283
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Williamite Warfare  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Unlucky General

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Williamite Warfare
« on: January 17, 2019, 04:20:36 AM »
https://williamitewarfare.blogspot.com/

For anyone interested and for the fewer who follow my Williamite Warfare blog please find the above link. I have today repopulated my core rules supplement, Dutch army list, French army list, a Dutch basing convention guide and a Dutch OOB for Seneffe. All documents are now PDF accessible and downloadable. The rules are an extension supplement for WAB English Civil, War rules.

This has been a relatively inactive blog and very much a niche subject but I have not abandoned it. I am currently developing  the Seneffe township for my concept of the game.

I have since the time of drafting these rules become a convert to Black Powder and will most likely develop an alternate Williamite Warfare model in the future.

Anyway, if anyone finds this useful or even plays with it - please report back.

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Williamite Warfare
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 05:49:31 AM »
Interesting blog, will be following. You usually see a lot more about the later period so nice to see 1672 getting a look in. Great work sir! :)

Offline Belisarius

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Yahoo groups Ulster Wargames Society
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 07:33:48 AM »
I second Jambo’s remarks . I,m interested in anything related to the Sun King’s Wars .

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 08:44:46 AM »
I really like your blog, very interesting and full of information about wargaming the Franco-Dutch Wars, I am slowly painting a Spanish army, and also Dutch and French for that period. Keep it up!

Cheers

Offline Unlucky General

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 08:43:44 PM »
Thanks comrades. I'm sorry the blog is a bit lopsided - United Provinces heavy because that's the first army I'm building. I got posted O/S so this is one project which has slowed down. In 18 months I'll be back home and it will kick along after that. I'm going to look at an alternate (additional) rule system also.