Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:12:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Calling All Sculptors - do you want your work featured in print?  (Read 474 times)

Offline jawd500

• Bookworm
Hi All,

So I'm a freelance writer for Tabletop Gaming Magazine and we're going to be running an article to the basic idea of 'How Hard is it to Make Your Own Miniature?' The idea is to try and see how much time, effort and money it would cost the average hobbyist to make their own miniature in resin. To do the article, we'd need a miniature and the blessings of its creator to let us try and make a copy of it, to avoid any thorny legal issues.

If you wanted to have your work featured in the magazine, and were willing to lend a model for a little bit, do please DM me! Just to clarify, the point of the article isn't to make copies of a miniature we'd be selling or anything like that, but just to try and run a neat experiment in amateur hobbying.

Some general guidelines would be:
- we'd ask sculptors to be prepared to lend the miniatures for a few months; since TTG is a monthly magazine, we'd need some time to fit the article into the schedule, then try and do the whole thing, then do a write up and finally get it to print.
- No nude/ sexually explicit models please
- Something relatively straightforward to cast would be ideal, so preferably we'd be looking for something without very small/ fragile details or too many articles. After all, the would-be caster (i.e. myself!) is certainly no expert in this field!
- For the same reason, the more '2-dimensional' the model, so to speak, the better (generally speaking). I'm talking about the sort of miniature where you could easily see where you'd make each half of the mold.

Finally, regarding postage: Stay tuned on this part. I shall ask the editor if TTG would be willing to reimburse postage costs, and update everyone with an answer. If it's just the price of a stamp I'll pay for it out of my own pocket. Bear in mind that the author and the magazine are both based in Britain.

Thanks for reading - I look forward to hearing from you!

James