Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:29:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Problem with Foundry order  (Read 2464 times)

Offline evil_steve

• Assistant
Problem with Foundry order
« on: January 22, 2019, 11:11:58 AM »
I made a fairly large order with foundry some time ago.  After a month I emailed them asking where it was and they said that orders can take 3-4 weeks to arrive.  After two months I asked again and received no reply.  I asked for a refund, no response either.  I get that there can be delays, but past a certain point, and without communication to the customer, this is just silly. 
Toy money might be disposable income, but that doesn't mean that I can afford to just toss it away and hope that someday, maybe, my shipment will arrive.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Problem with Foundry order
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 12:15:33 PM »

You may want to read this thread as well, a lot of similar comments. I had the same issue and in the end went via Paypal for a refund.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=112638.0

"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 12:24:14 PM »
evil_steve, thinking you may not be in the UK, but if you are - best to phone and be persistent (although I appreciate others such as Malamute did just this too).
Try and speak with 'Lucy' who, ultimately, dealt very well with a number of orders I placed last year, roundabout Oct.

Email seems to be a problem in terms of getting a response, and others I spoke with directly either couldn't or wouldn't expedite things (or so it seemed at the time).

Offline evil_steve

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 03:12:57 PM »
Malamute:  Thank you- I'll take a look at that.

Bloggard: If I have to make a trans-Atlantic phone call and reach the right person to get my order processed, then I don't think Foundry deserves business in a market filled with so many companies that make customer service a priority.  I don't intend to sound harsh, but when you take someone's money you owe the customer either the product in a timely manner or, at the very least, some reasonable avenue of communication.  I'm all for working with the vendors and understanding when they have difficulties, but they need to be willing to respond.

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 06:19:40 PM »
I went through the same thing. I did get my order in the end.
However, I am soured on Foundry. Love their figures but sick of the
long waits. I will say, outside of a few companies like Irregular that
get you your stuff fast to the US, I have found with most UK companies
the wait times are growing. Has there been a change in the mail system?
Starting to buy only from US companies so that I can get my stuff in a decent
time.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 10:32:36 AM »
obviously I agree with all you say evil_steve, and remain utterly bemused by Foundry's customer care issues as reported by yourself and in the linked to thread. I fared relatively well I appreciate.
Best wishes for getting things sorted out one way or the other.

Offline evil_steve

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 01:23:59 PM »
Bloggard,
I'm glad you fared well with Foundry.  I remember ordering from Foundry in the '90's when I wouldn't have batted an eye at the experience I had.  The customer service culture I encounter both professionally and personally today is radically different from what it was then.  I believe that companies who don't meet contemporary customer expectations will lose market share, even if they're the only folks who make certain figures.  I, for one, dropped my Sikh Wars project and just moved on to something else.

Offline Isasi

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 02:15:12 PM »
It's the same for me.

My order was shipped on November 22nd. I emailed them after three weeks to tell them I've not received the order. They answered it will take 3-4 weeks.

New email on December 19th (fifth week): no reply.

Second email on January 15th (almost one month after shipping): no reply.

It's the first time I have a problem with Foundry. I can understand things happen but I can´t understand the no reply policy.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Offline Phillius

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 07:02:31 PM »
As someone waiting on a Foundry order to appear, this is not good news.

My order is only small, but I still need it.

Three weeks since they posted it apparently. So I should get it in 7 days?

Offline Isasi

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 04:37:29 AM »
It's the same for me.

My order was shipped on November 22nd. I emailed them after three weeks to tell them I've not received the order. They answered it will take 3-4 weeks.

New email on December 19th (fifth week): no reply.

Second email on January 15th (almost one month after shipping): no reply.

It's the first time I have a problem with Foundry. I can understand things happen but I can´t understand the no reply policy.

Just in order to finishing this question, I've received the order (a replacement) yesterday.

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 12:42:18 AM »
As someone waiting on a Foundry order to appear, this is not good news.

I concur.  :-[ An order placed over a month ago, still hasn't arrived but I guess they'll give me the same excuse, moreso because I live in Canada. Had I have read this yesterday, I might not have been so inclined to take advantage of the 25% off deal they were offering.

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 01:15:54 PM »
I am waiting on 2 orders from Foundry placed during their WF25% discount deal, I checked my Foundry account and they are defined as UNFULFILLED. I am not in a hurry for the figures, rules, paints at the moment but will be contacting them.

In the past I have used this email address to contact Foundry customers@wargamesfoundry.com though it is no longer on thier website.
Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest
Montreal Historical Wargaming Club

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2019, 03:42:59 PM »
Same problem here, I have sent them 2 emails without response...if they do not respond by Monday I will ask Paypal for a refund  :-[

Offline grendelbert

• Schoolboy
    • I live with cats
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2019, 04:00:42 PM »
I'm in the midst of this situation now. I ordered on Jan 10. Foundry didn't ship until Jan 29. It's now Feb 28 and no sign of my order. I'm in the US. Foundry says on its website that orders outside UK and EU can take up to 6 weeks--i.e., don't call us until then. I can't officially whinge until Mar 15, which is more than 2 months after I ordered.

Does Foundry actually send mail by the slowest possible method? And untracked?

Does Foundry just not care anymore?

I order from the UK often and normally receive my orders within 2 weeks or sooner. I have never had this issue with any other company. Actually, one, which was worse: MiniFigs. Wretched, wretched service. It was a small order, so I just wrote it off.
"Whatever happens, we have got the Maxim gun, and they have not..."

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 01:02:45 PM »
My first Foundry order placed on Feb 12th 2019 arrived on the 7th and 12th of March as Canada Post decided to seperate the 2 packages.

My second order was placed on the 21st Feb and fulfilled on the 6th March so I am expecting it in a week or two.

This is the longest a Foundry order has taken to get to me but the Christmas sale, Tactica and the 25% sale will always strain the logistics of any company.