Forum > The Conflicts that came in from the Cold

(COMMERCIAL) Hue 1968 from Gringo40s. New!!

<< < (2/323) > >>

NickNascati:
Interesting timing, you know that Empress is doing a Hue range as well.

Helen:
Lovely news Ged. The Australians used 90 mm recoiless rifles in Vietnam. The 106 mm recoiless rifle is a beautiful weapon. I was in anti-armour platoon for nearly 5 years in which the 106 mm recoiless rifle was our main offensive/defensive weapon. Don't forget the 50 cal spotter rifle on top of the barrel. HEPT was our main round we used. The canister round that fired darts was lethal.

Here is a photo taken back in 1979/80 where here I'm the gunner of our vehicle with 106 mm recoiless rifle and pintle mounted M60 mg. We could also used the 30 cal in lieu of the M60 mg. Naturally we also had a charlie Gs (84 mm MRAAW) and 66 (SRAAWs) somewhere on the vehicle for stalking our victims. I'm of the understanding that I'm the only one left from this crew still alive. The loader was killed not soon after this pic was taken.

Best regards,

carlos marighela:
Hue to go!

If there’s one thing missing from all the Vietnam ranges to date i’s South Vietnamese AKA ARVN, AKA puppet regime soldiers. Odd considering they did most of the dying on the so-called Free World side. It would be nice to see some included. As an added bonus, properly attired and equipped they could stand service fir a variety of other deceloping world armies in the ‘60, ‘70s and ‘80s.

tomrommel1:
Nice new range !!!

Silent Invader:
Thanks for your informative post Helen.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version