Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:26:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690650
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Frostgrave Mech War  (Read 2422 times)

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
Frostgrave Mech War
« on: January 28, 2019, 10:18:56 PM »
So I am late to the party. I just picked up Spellcaster issue #2. Mainly because I thought the dragon rules might be nice to entice some people when I run a Frostgrave demo event in a few weeks. But I was reading through the Mech War article and I like it. So I was wondering if there is going to be any additional material on this in the future. Maybe some weapon loadouts or some additional mechs or maybe even some tricks for pilots? Very intriguing take on the rules. I like it and it makes me wonder how Spacegrave or Futuregrave would play. LOL  lol

Anyone have some fun with the Mech War scenario?

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Mech War
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 11:58:05 AM »
No one interested in this?

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 07:45:17 AM »
An article or post on this topic just hit the Facebook group a few days back.

EDIT:
Found the posting.

https://therenaissancetroll.blogspot.com/2019/02/failure-is-option.html?fbclid=IwAR1CqC2LVJ1bMIQj0WWy7D54115ytaE9OioDTEazhmQtGKF4BxBzrtGt_1U

Grimm
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 07:47:05 AM by Grimmnar »

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 03:05:20 PM »
An article or post on this topic just hit the Facebook group a few days back.

EDIT:
Found the posting.

https://therenaissancetroll.blogspot.com/2019/02/failure-is-option.html?fbclid=IwAR1CqC2LVJ1bMIQj0WWy7D54115ytaE9OioDTEazhmQtGKF4BxBzrtGt_1U

Grimm

I saw that. I am a bit disappointed, but I can understand his reasoning. Oh well, I might have to checkout Horizon Wars.

Offline John Tailby

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 08:58:39 PM »
I wrote a set of rules for Starwars style warbands with a couple of force sensitives leading a band of soldiers on a mission.

I allowed people the target of a ranged attack to chose to either dodge or shoot back if they were in range. I also gave most of the units shooting weapons. I also allowed the force users to count enemies armour as ten in HTH.

Its perfect for people to use their Imperial assault figures, Judge Dredd models or whatever.

Offline Thorsmitersaw

• Schoolboy
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 09:04:13 PM »
I wrote a set of rules for Starwars style warbands with a couple of force sensitives leading a band of soldiers on a mission.

I allowed people the target of a ranged attack to chose to either dodge or shoot back if they were in range. I also gave most of the units shooting weapons. I also allowed the force users to count enemies armour as ten in HTH.

Its perfect for people to use their Imperial assault figures, Judge Dredd models or whatever.

Considering he is releasing a cooperative supplement to Frostgrave this October, it is possibly that a future Xgrave game could include both cooperative/single player narrative as well as directly competitive play.

Offline EssarD

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2019, 03:29:05 AM »
So I am late to the party. I just picked up Spellcaster issue #2. Mainly because I thought the dragon rules might be nice to entice some people when I run a Frostgrave demo event in a few weeks. But I was reading through the Mech War article and I like it. So I was wondering if there is going to be any additional material on this in the future. Maybe some weapon loadouts or some additional mechs or maybe even some tricks for pilots? Very intriguing take on the rules. I like it and it makes me wonder how Spacegrave or Futuregrave would play. LOL  lol

Anyone have some fun with the Mech War scenario?

I had a lot of fun with it when it was released. Dusted off my old Battletech minis and had a ball. So much so that I started adding to the rules myself and came up with a bunch of new options for mechs and additional rules. Unfortunately, it seems like any more Mechgrave is on the backburner for Joe.