Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:25:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689474
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Congo starter - help requested  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Tas

• Mad Scientist
  • A keen eye for the ridiculous
    • The Man Cave
New Congo starter - help requested
« on: January 30, 2019, 01:23:50 AM »
Greetings fellow intrepid explorers!

Do excuse a fellow for being a bit tardy, but I am a newcomer to the Dark Continent and seek your assistance in some hints and links for building my terrain and figures.   Is there a thread on this already that somebody could point me to?

many thanks!

PS Has anyone tried using the great rule mechanics in alternative settings?  I saw the WI article regarding the Amazon but others beckon I think...

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New Congo starter - help requested
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 02:55:16 AM »
I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for, but if you look just below you on the LAF Colonial Adventure page you will see a posting entitled Large 28mm Darkest Africa Gallery.  Just above the sample pictures on that posting you will find a link to my vanity website.  Click on that link which will take you to my  website.  Once there, scroll down the page until you come to the id picture entitled 28MM African Adventure (100 photos), click on the picture and scroll down through the 100 photos related to that collection.  You will also find that to the right of the African Adventure photos is a lengthy write up about the collection.  Hope that helps.  Richard
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 02:09:03 PM by War In 15MM »

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 05:02:04 AM »
Tas, you can get quite a bit of inspiration just by looking at the Darkest Africa collections at Wargames Foundry. Another inspiration is to go back through the 83 pages of threads in this section of LAF and read any of them about Africa. Some of the photos may be gone, due to photo hosting websites. But some of the earliest threads from such luminaries as Grimm & Plynkes are fantastic.
Sailors have more fun!

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 09:46:17 AM »
As far as figures go, you can't go wrong with the Wargames Foundry boxed sets for each faction
Before I painted up my Darkest Africa stuff, I used Congo for Pirate games set in the Caribbean and it worked well for that.

Offline Tas

• Mad Scientist
  • A keen eye for the ridiculous
    • The Man Cave
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 12:39:07 AM »
Thanks gents, appreciated

Richard - a very, very impressive collection!

Offline Panama

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 12:10:03 PM »
Northstar also do some Congo sets & other models that can be used.