Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:58:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690719
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 898
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Our Ghost Archipelago Campaign 2019 (Mysterious City Report Posted 5.16.19)  (Read 7705 times)

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
  • Rules Author, Dealer In Antiquities, Mad Scientist
    • My Blog: One More Gaming Project
 This past Saturday we played the inaugural game of our 2019 Ghost Archipelago Campaign.  We had 8 of our 9 regular players in attendance.   Instead of doing a scenario we went with just a straight-up fight in order to give everyone a chance to test drive their new Heritors, Wardens, and Crews.   With 8 players, that put 4 Central Treasures into play, evenly spaced down the center of the 9.5'x3' table.
      I decided to go with a Halfling Crew this time, as I've never run a Halfling group in Frostgrave or Ghost Archipelago before, so I thought it would be a nice change, and a chance to use some of my little-used figures.  Also, I was hoping their short height would help me with cover. :) Along with my Halfling Heritor, Barley Gimblehill, there is a huge Human Beast Warden named Tork, two Half-Halfling (half Human) Archer brothers, a Halfling Scout and Crossbow-woman, as well as an assortment of scurvy Halfling Crew.

I have now  posted the report from my Halfling Heritor and our first game to my blog:

https://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2019/01/ghost-archipelago-19-game-1-unexpected.html

"...Barley [the Heritor] now paused, and turning back, called to the Crossbow-woman behind her, "Lily! I'm sorry; but I need you to hold here, and buy me some more time!" The heavy-set Crossbow-woman came to a stop, and hearing the order, signed resignedly, and bravely turned to face the jungle she had just left. The Halfling Heritor turned away, and continued on with her awkward load. No sooner had Lily turned back to the jungle, then the bushes at the edge split with a shower of leaves, and a pursuing Gnome Crewman burst forth. Heaving her weapon to her shoulder, the Crossbow-woman fired, but her aim was off. So, she shouldered her weapon, and drawing her dagger, charged at her pursuer..."

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 01:34:06 PM by CPalmer »
"I have wrought my simple plan,
if I give one hour's joy,
to the boy who's half a man,
or the man who's half a boy!"
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Offline Knabe

• Bookworm
Re: Our Ghost Archipelago Campaign 2019 (Game 1, posted 1/30/19)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 05:19:41 AM »
Great write up.  I had no idea what happened elsewhere as Ragnam was focused on his little piece of the jungle.

Hope to add my report shortly.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 02:52:26 PM »
yet another great write-up.
love the heritor background peramble, and how you worked in allusions to her abilities.

top names for your crew too (jikam wizzit, Ginsink Damum  lol ).

very crafty as far as putting the character point into movement - looks like an ace build you've put together.

... and great looking table as per. Love the temple / statue thing.

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 09:38:53 PM »
Great write up.  I had no idea what happened elsewhere as Ragnam was focused on his little piece of the jungle.

Hope to add my report shortly.

Thanks, Knabe!  I look forward to reading your report.  I, too, was so focused on own own little corner of the world I have no idea what was going on just a few feet away on the table.

yet another great write-up.
love the heritor background peramble, and how you worked in allusions to her abilities.

top names for your crew too (jikam wizzit, Ginsink Damum  lol ).

very crafty as far as putting the character point into movement - looks like an ace build you've put together.

... and great looking table as per. Love the temple / statue thing.

Thank you, Bloggard!  Glad you enjoyed the report (and the names!  :D).  And thanks for the kind words on the table.  The Temple/Statue is a fun piece I did with an action figure and a kids' sand mold.  You can see the build article here: http://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2018/06/temple-of-sorceress-of-sea-ghost.html

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 10:17:47 PM »
that really turned out a treat Chris.

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 02:03:00 PM »
that really turned out a treat Chris.

Thanks, Bloggard! 

It was one of those projects that even surprised me how well it turned out.  lol

Offline Smoke Frog

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 02:06:39 PM »
Beautiful terrain! I love the little pieces of scatter terrain you have built, and enjoy seeing the Lizardmen bits sprinkled throughout!

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 10:06:42 PM »
Beautiful terrain! I love the little pieces of scatter terrain you have built, and enjoy seeing the Lizardmen bits sprinkled throughout!

Thank you!   

Good eye spotting the Lizardman bits I used to make that central treasure in the second photo.  The Lizardman stuff really does fit right in with the Ghost Archipelago look.

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 09:56:12 PM »
     Rob Dean has posted his Heritor's report over on his blog.  If you'd like to read about the game from the perspective of one of the other Heritors in the first game of our campaign, please follow the link below:

(Rob's Heritor, Cassilda Blackmane was located directly to my Heritor, Barley Gimblehill's right flank.  Though some of our crew members came close to each other at one point, they were both too busy with their own doings to pay the other much heed; other than to cast a wary eye in the other's direction and keep going.)

http://sharpbrush.blogspot.com/2019/02/january-ghost-archipelago-game.html

From the tale off Cassilda Blackmane and the log of the Manticore:

"...As we approached the thicket and secured the treasure, a Heritor, whose name we later learned was Safar, appeared across the stream and loosed a volley of arrows.  One hit me, causing a serious wound, and we backed away, not, however, before we secured the treasure.  Oak and the crewman Surecast found another in a hollow fallen tree at the edge of a deep pond..."

(The tar pit that is seen in the photos in my report (top of page), can just be seen  on the upper left side of Rob's photo above)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 10:03:19 PM by CPalmer »

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Our Ghost Archipelago Campaign 2019 (R. Dean's report, posted 2/3/19)
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 07:21:28 PM »
gosh, Rob didn't have much luck did he? !
And that was one mean goat!

love the ms. maps you guys do and as shown on Rob's blog.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 07:23:31 PM by Bloggard »

Offline Knabe

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 04:43:55 AM »
A belated posting from our first Ghost Archipelago Campaign Game in 2019.  We have already played our second game so expect to see those reports shortly.

Hope you enjoy the story.

Knabe

https://wargamingnotes.blogspot.com/2019/02/ghost-archipelago-campaign-2019-game-1.html

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 10:59:14 AM »
as good a read as ever.

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
Re: Our Ghost Archipelago Campaign 2019 (Knabe's report, posted Feb.26.19)
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 11:43:22 AM »
 8) way cool as always!!!

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 01:12:22 PM »
Yes, as the others have said, a super report, Knabe! 

And well worth the wait.  lol

I should have my report from game 2 ready later today, or tomorrow morning; so stay tuned everybody...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 01:14:27 PM by CPalmer »

Offline emosbur

• Mad Scientist
    • A COVA DO TRASNO
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 08:22:16 PM »
I like the table a lot. Very inspiring.

Milo.