Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:55:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690723
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

?

ROUND 7 Her Majesy's B.E.S.T. (British Extraterrestrial Service Troops) (Keeper)
152 (83.1%)
Celestial Knight servitors and tarantulas (Raz)
31 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: ROUND 7 Her Majesy's B.E.S.T. vs Celestial Knight servitors and tarantulas  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
They turned out rather nice! I lik ethe servitors and the tarantulas but I think the techmarine is a bit too black, there could be a bit more variation in this model. Also, the group pic is rather empty on the left and rather full on the right. Nevertheless, a nice entry! I also like the B.E.S.T. but the photography looks a bit rough.
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
I like your marines, Rax, especially the tarantulas :)  What have you converted them out of?

@Pil: I know :)  But the shots are a lot better than last round, so I'm happy with a bit of improvement! :)  I just need to read even more of my camera manual I think!

Offline Raz

• Scientist
Thanks. The tech could have been more colourfull indeed. He was the last to receive a paintjob around 23:00 fridaynight. I was a bit feedup with him cause the paint kept on chipping at every place I touched, except for the base.

The tarantulas are mostly scratchbuilt. The weapons are from the Sisters of Battle Immolator (?). The body of the small one was built with a Rhinohatch as a base; put tracks underneath and built up a structure. For the antlike tarantula I used the box of my latest 1mm drills as a body. The legs are lenghts of sprue with greenstuff joints. The powerunit on top is an ammodrum from a IG autocannon I believe. I also added two exhausts at the back for all the steamenthusiasts over here ;) The panel with the lights and lenses at the front is made of a GW armourplate cut in half.

Edit: completely got caught by explaining the build of the tarantulas :) The Brits look nice keeper. Nice redcoats! The detail on the end of their sleeves is looking great. Which brand are they?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 10:58:25 AM by Raz »

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
Thanks Raz :)  I always like to know how other people have built stuff!

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
Nice detailing in the first entry...blood soaked bandage, nicely shaded and painted. Second entry has some nicely converted figures included. You can never, snub conversions!!

Good luck to you both!!
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!