Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:55:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Capitan/Warmodelling/Battlemodels 18mm SCW?  (Read 1472 times)

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
Capitan/Warmodelling/Battlemodels 18mm SCW?
« on: January 31, 2019, 07:25:12 PM »
Just wondered whether someone can clarify for me - Capitan/Warmodelling released, some years back, an 18mm SCW range;

I was under the impression that Stonewall Figures now have the Capitan ranges, but they don't have the SCW range on their site.
So, do Capitan/Battlemodels (as I think they're still called) still operate, and do they have the range? Their site says they're updating their shop but I'm sure I've tried to get on the site previously and seen the same message, so I'm unsure whether they are still in business?

I'd also be interested in whether their Spain in Flames books ever got produced in English, as I think only Spanish version ever previously produced?

Any info much appreciated

Thanks

Rob

Offline jeffreythancock

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
Re: Capitan/Warmodelling/Battlemodels 18mm SCW?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 01:28:36 AM »
I don't know about the figures, as they were too large for my 15mm collection of PP, QRF, Late Queen, and Matchlock.  The only item they offered that I could not buy elsewhere was the French licensed Spanish built 70mm mountain gun.  Tried to buy them, but no one had them in stock.  There may be an intellectual property rights issue with the original sculpter.

Spain in Flames was never published in English as BF/FoW would not license it.  You can buy the Spanish version as a PDF from Wargames Vault (I think), and it is not that hard to interpret in English with the FoW-like pictographic TO&E.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:31:38 AM by jeffreythancock »

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 02:28:41 PM »
Thanks - it looked like Scale Creep stocked them but can't find anyone in the UK who did. Guess I'll wait to see if their website goes live again. Their facebook site doesn't seem to have had an update since mid-2018 either. Granted that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Shame about the book as was interested in it more just for the resource than anything, could think about interpreting it though. Unfortunately the Wargames Vault link for the PDF redirects to the currently inactive webstore.

Whilst I'm at it, do you know if Late Queen are still trading, can't really find anything about them?

Cheers

Offline jeffreythancock

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 02:05:28 AM »
Late Queen quit trading years ago and I believe the masters and molds were irretrievably lost.  A real shame, as I only managed to get their Italians in Adrian Helmet!

Offline Hang Tuah

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 10:27:07 AM »
Late Queen quit trading years ago and I believe the masters and molds were irretrievably lost.

Sad state of affairs. I remember the figures looking very good.