Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:30:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Empress Miniatures' NEW Vietnam Range  (Read 384826 times)

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: Empress - Hue 1968 - First Glimpse of the New Range
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2019, 02:48:45 PM »
And being the sucker that I am for Paul' sculpts, I couldn't resist and put an order. Hopefully, they will arrive before Brexit and customs won't try to get its pound of flesh.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2019, 03:52:46 PM »
Excellent. Motivation to do a bit more terrain this weekend.  8)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2019, 06:45:41 PM »
Good news from Empress.
My order for Hue 1968 Marines have been shipped. :)
Was thinking that I would not get them until after Salute.
Thanks Empress, you are the best. :-*
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Timotl

• Scientist
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2019, 03:45:54 AM »
Holy Smoke! Mine are shipped too! I'm really excited to get underway. Thanks to the folks at Empress! :D

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2019, 12:28:41 PM »
Thanks guys, kind words for the Empress team indeed.

Next sculpts for the next batch of figures is about to start. More USMC.

Empress usually plays its cards close to its chest on what we do but as you guys have been so helpful we can let you know;

Immediately following on from the next batch of USMC we thought some civilians, both armed and unarmed. Then ARVN, then NVA. How does that sound?????? Let us know what you reckon? Note a lot of NVA were fighting in civvies as well as their best newly issued uniforms. 

Offline sakura11

• Librarian
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2019, 12:34:06 PM »
Just a note to also praise the company
Ordered figures and was delighted to receive then 2 days after postage
One pack was missing so phoned and had numerous apologies and figures sent out immediately
Courteous professional and exceptional ser ice
Well done and thanks for providing such a great range of eras and quality of figures and service.

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2019, 12:46:33 PM »
I would love some civilians that could be replaced with armed ones. Both male and female ones. I am already dreaming of a scenario where marines patrol through a neighborhood or village not knowing if it is hostile or not. Or indeed who is hostile and who is not.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2019, 01:21:05 PM »
I am down for some Civs. I need some for my French Indochina villages, so that works for me.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2019, 01:47:09 PM »
Civilians and ARVN sounds great! There are few of those available in 28mm so that would be a welcome addition to the 28mm Vietnam scene. Regarding armed civilians it would be most welcome with some generic types that could both be used as low level VC as well as village militias organised by US\ South Vietnamese government. Preferably armed with outdated weaponry that could fit late WW2 and the French period. Ideally they would come with loose hands with weapons which would give a lot of flexibility.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2019, 01:53:36 PM »
The civilians, armed and unarmed, are are brilliant idea and very welcome. No arguments from me about ARVN either. Excellent stuff from Empress.

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2019, 02:01:57 PM »
Looking forward to civvies as I just received 2 Printable Scenery jungle huts in 28mm.
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2019, 06:04:30 PM »
Lovely models!  :-*
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2019, 08:39:58 PM »
Thanks guys, kind words for the Empress team indeed.

Next sculpts for the next batch of figures is about to start. More USMC.

Empress usually plays its cards close to its chest on what we do but as you guys have been so helpful we can let you know;

Immediately following on from the next batch of USMC we thought some civilians, both armed and unarmed. Then ARVN, then NVA. How does that sound?????? Let us know what you reckon? Note a lot of NVA were fighting in civvies as well as their best newly issued uniforms.

Sounds entirely sensible and civilians armed and unarmed is an excellent idea. Hopefully, given it’s Tet themed so far, we will get some that aren’t in sterotypical black pyjamas and nón lá.

Keen as I am to get the ARVN (please, not all in flack jackets, it limits their usefulness) I suspect it will be better for maintaining general customer enthusiasm if you release the NVA first. Most gamers will want some opposition for their marines. Hoping we will also get some more marine riflemen, in firing poses, to provide variety to the existing packs.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2019, 08:46:07 PM »
By the by, if and when you do get around to doing VC in typical peasant dress, you might want to consider separate heads. If you were to do a pack of heads in Mao caps then that would allow folk to model Khmer Rouge and Pathet Lao, extending the usefulness of the existing USMC, ARVN and PAVN troops.

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2019, 09:39:54 PM »
+1

Start with the bread and butter (NVA) before you move onto the more thematic special theater related stuff or ARVN. You want players to be able to do a fairly generic game using nothing but Empress models ASAP rather than having to come up with special rules or use models from other companies.

Also second more rifle marine poses

Ax

Sounds entirely sensible and civilians armed and unarmed is an excellent idea. Hopefully, given it’s Tet themed so far, we will get some that aren’t in sterotypical black pyjamas and nón lá.

Keen as I am to get the ARVN (please, not all in flack jackets, it limits their usefulness) I suspect it will be better for maintaining general customer enthusiasm if you release the NVA first. Most gamers will want some opposition for their marines. Hoping we will also get some more marine riflemen, in firing poses, to provide variety to the existing packs.