Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:21:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Empress Miniatures' NEW Vietnam Range  (Read 384935 times)

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
Re: Empress - Hue 1968 - First Glimpse of the New Range
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2019, 03:43:37 PM »
Jolly Nice - very apt poses for street fighting too
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2019, 03:45:45 PM »
Very impressed. Love the way the clothes hang - very reminiscent of the period imagery  8)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2019, 03:54:23 PM »
Love the figures.
Just ordered 8 packs.
Now just have to wait till April for them.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2019, 04:49:09 PM »
Great to see the figures. I'd echo what others have said about the general appearance, it's just like you see in the photos. Very impressive.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2019, 06:52:41 PM »
They look good.

So will you have them at Salute?

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2019, 11:44:58 PM »
Picked up 4 packs of rifles and 1 each of the special weapons to start. Echo the need for an HQ command pack. Anyone have a paint guide recommendation? Was the Marine uniform green different than the army green in this war?

Cheers and good luck!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2019, 12:40:16 AM »
Picked up 4 packs of rifles and 1 each of the special weapons to start. Echo the need for an HQ command pack. Anyone have a paint guide recommendation? Was the Marine uniform green different than the army green in this war?

Cheers and good luck!
Pretty much the same green, with the major difference being how weathered and sun bleached do you want them to be? Also look up ERDL pattern camo. It was the early version of the BDU patterns used in the 80s up tell the mid 2000s.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2019, 01:09:46 AM »
So excited! I bought the new late war brits then saw these! So much money being spent on the hobby at the moment! Will be busy for a few life times ;D. Well done Empress Gang! Finally a proper decent Vietnam range.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2019, 01:11:40 AM »

Cheers and good luck!

No difference, except save as noted, the variations in fading. I had an old one which faded to a rather pleasant green. Naturally enough as items get replaced in the field there will be plenty of variation.

You can add a little more variation by painting one or two of the helmet covers in the old USMC spot pattern or the reverse ‘cloud’ pattern mixed in with the Mitchell pattern covers and naturally you can adorn them with graffiti if you fancy.

No doubt command packs will be forthcoming, Paul is something of a completist. Just give the chap some time For support weapons and extras, I’d rather see 60mm mortars over 81mm as those were what were carried at company level and really the only thing justifiable on a table with 28mm trooops.  M20 3.5” rocket launchers, a sniper and some engineers with breaching charges would be good. Hue saw extensive mouseholing of buildings in the house to house fight. A dedicated ANGLICO or FO team would be nice.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2019, 01:30:26 AM »
ANGLICO ?? :?

No difference, except save as noted, the variations in fading. I had an old one which faded to a rather pleasant green. Naturally enough as items get replaced in the field there will be plenty of variation.

You can add a little more variation by painting one or two of the helmet covers in the old USMC spot pattern or the reverse ‘cloud’ pattern mixed in with the Mitchell pattern covers and naturally you can adorn them with graffiti if you fancy.

No doubt command packs will be forthcoming, Paul is something of a completist. Just give the chap some time For support weapons and extras, I’d rather see 60mm mortars over 81mm as those were what were carried at company level and really the only thing justifiable on a table with 28mm trooops.  M20 3.5” rocket launchers, a sniper and some engineers with breaching charges would be good. Hue saw extensive mouseholing of buildings in the house to house fight. A dedicated ANGLICO or FO team would be nice.
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2019, 01:38:48 AM »
ANGLICO are Air/Navy radio controllers. Call for fire and other support from Air, Ship, or ground based assists.

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2019, 01:53:39 AM »
Roger that, out.

ANGLICO are Air/Navy radio controllers. Call for fire and other support from Air, Ship, or ground based assists.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2019, 06:51:48 AM »
So excited! I bought the new late war brits then saw these! So much money being spent on the hobby at the moment! Will be busy for a few life times ;D. Well done Empress Gang! Finally a proper decent Vietnam range.

In fairness the Force of Arms range is a lovely range of figures, they're just not readily available anymore.

It feels greedy asking for more already, especially when Empress have delivered these so quickly, but in addition to an HQ pack, an NCO type pack for squad leaders could be very useful too?

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2019, 07:25:55 AM »
In fairness, the FoA range weren’t marines, nor for that matter are TAG.

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2019, 08:04:46 AM »
I really like the poses on these guys. They look like they are in a firefight.

But I think there is something odd looking about the mags on those M16s they look tiny on the gun.