Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:36:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Empress Miniatures' NEW Vietnam Range  (Read 385028 times)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Empress - Hue 1968 - First Glimpse of the New Range
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2019, 08:53:53 AM »
They look good.

So will you have them at Salute?

Yes but we really advice that you e mail us a shopping list as sales are pretty extraordinary based upon the first 24 hours .

mail@empressminiatures.com

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2019, 09:02:10 AM »
Morning all. Many thanks for the kind words and comments. Really great encouragement for the entire Empress team, especially when releasing a new range. Also many thanks for your help and suggestions.

The range will develop extensively so please do not fear about investing in it and yes officers, radios, journalist, etc, etc will be covered along the way as well as other types such as Vietcong, NVA, ARVN etc, etc, then Aussies, Air Cav, Paratroops,  and most importantly other periods and times in the conflict. When we were soldiers obviously needs so attention at some point. Huge amounts to do.

Special forces will obviously occur and lets not forget civilians which are already designed.

Vehicles are under way and the first nearly finished. All in 1/50 scale. This is our default Empress scale.

Just need a time machine to speed things along or clone Paul.

Once again many thanks for your supportive comments  :-*

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2019, 09:14:23 AM »
All sounds great Paul.  8)

You probably have it in mind but can I also mention a couple of Corpsman poses (lots of stories from Hue about their bravery).
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2019, 09:23:08 AM »
on the list ;)

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2019, 09:24:36 AM »
Most excellent  8)

Offline Paratrooper 42

• Librarian
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2019, 12:47:16 PM »
 :-* Wow, those are some seriously nice figures. Looking forward to seeing them at Salute (work permitting)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2019, 06:55:52 AM »
Apologies if I've missed this somewhere already; are the new Hue figures comparable in size/scale etc to the French Indochina ones that Mr Hick's also sculpted? I have some of those so I can use them as a guide for comparison with my existing figures. Very much looking forward to seeing some painted examples.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2019, 07:36:27 AM »
Morning all. Many thanks for the kind words and comments. Really great encouragement for the entire Empress team, especially when releasing a new range. Also many thanks for your help and suggestions.

The range will develop extensively so please do not fear about investing in it and yes officers, radios, journalist, etc, etc will be covered along the way as well as other types such as Vietcong, NVA, ARVN etc, etc, then Aussies, Air Cav, Paratroops,  and most importantly other periods and times in the conflict. When we were soldiers obviously needs so attention at some point. Huge amounts to do.

Special forces will obviously occur and lets not forget civilians which are already designed.

Vehicles are under way and the first nearly finished. All in 1/50 scale. This is our default Empress scale.

Just need a time machine to speed things along or clone Paul.

Once again many thanks for your supportive comments  :-*

That’s excellent news. It would be nice to see decently sculpted ARVN and Australians. Hopefully other eras might include the early part of the war with Marines in OG-107 fatigues toting M-14s. I have always wanted to do Operation Starlite, the early part of the war is an interesting period and gives the opportunity to use all kinds of fun toys like LVTP-5s.

Please, please get the Australians right (I’m sure you will), they aren’t just yanks in floppy hats. There are a number of folk on LAF who can give feedback on WIP.

By the by can I order some of the marines online and have them picked up at Salute? Nic has kindly offered to pick up some orders for me. Just wondering the best way to notify that they will be picked up not mailed.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Paul Hicks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2019, 08:21:07 AM »
Apologies if I've missed this somewhere already; are the new Hue figures comparable in size/scale etc to the French Indochina ones that Mr Hick's also sculpted? I have some of those so I can use them as a guide for comparison with my existing figures. Very much looking forward to seeing some painted examples.

I’ve sculpted them on the same armature as the Indo-China figures. They will match.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2019, 01:27:55 PM »
That's excellent, thank you for the reply.

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2019, 09:59:20 AM »
Wow these are amazing!

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2019, 11:24:05 AM »
That’s excellent news. It would be nice to see decently sculpted ARVN and Australians. Hopefully other eras might include the early part of the war with Marines in OG-107 fatigues toting M-14s. I have always wanted to do Operation Starlite, the early part of the war is an interesting period and gives the opportunity to use all kinds of fun toys like LVTP-5s.

Please, please get the Australians right (I’m sure you will), they aren’t just yanks in floppy hats. There are a number of folk on LAF who can give feedback on WIP.

By the by can I order some of the marines online and have them picked up at Salute? Nic has kindly offered to pick up some orders for me. Just wondering the best way to notify that they will be picked up not mailed.

Re the pre order  please e mail us and we will get them ready to collect. If you want to pay before collection we will send a Paypal request. mail@empressminiatures.com

Don't worry the Australians will be very good. Now that's a statement I hope I do not regret.  :? Weapons just being sculpted. Long Tan here we come.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2019, 08:17:55 PM »
Wow, working on the Australians already! That makes me think there's a LOT going on behind the scenes. Looking forward to seeing what's next.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2019, 11:25:48 AM »
Wow, working on the Australians already! That makes me think there's a LOT going on behind the scenes. Looking forward to seeing what's next.

There always is   ;)

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2019, 02:28:41 PM »
The new packs have been cast and pre orders are now shipping out.  ;)

If you do plan to pop along to Salute we advice that you send us a pre show shopping list to ensure we save you some packs. We are on stand TE05.

More sculpts being worked on as we speak.