Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:21:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689659
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Keelboat inspired by Duhamel (WIP)  (Read 7743 times)

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
Keelboat inspired by Duhamel (WIP)
« on: June 08, 2009, 05:57:52 PM »
The hull of my Keelboat, tonight I start on the superstructure, still looking for elk/moose/reindeer skull, if anyone knows of any suitable standard bearer figs to be chopped up please let me know.

Thanks Duhamel for the inspiration.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Re: Keelboat inspired by Duhamel (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 07:27:28 PM »
No idea for a dear skull, but you can get these animal skulls separately from freebooter and might work if you add a set of antlers from elsewhere:

http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/shop/index.php?s=675e66b81b2cd936d6b5e0b3b0234b3e&act=SHOP&CODE=03&WGP=3&art=230

Otherwise, the old GW mounted woodelf sorceror if you want to look for one on ebay:

Possibly other wood elf type standardbearer figures might have one.

Offline duhamel

• Mastermind
  • voyageur
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 07:37:01 PM »

Magnificent model which you made there.
I look forward to the continuation. Good!!!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 07:38:52 PM by duhamel »
“Le courage consiste à avoir peur mais à continuer tout de même.”

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" The courage consists in being afraid but in continuing all the same. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 10:24:56 PM »
What's this? A boat!!??  :o
Explain, if you would, how this fits into any of your existing projects?...

I grant you it's great boat, but focus Simon, focus!!!

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 12:19:16 AM »
Ral Partha does a 25mm Stag that might be useful for the antlers.  It's part of their Lesser Animals pack.  Can't find mine at the moment to give you an exact size but here's a pic.
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline elysium64

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 12:31:14 AM »

You know me Paul, I suffer from some weird disorder when it comes to modelling/painting/collecting, I have just added another project to my list, I am still working on the others and hope to have photos of the finished Atomic Cafe figures posted by end of next week. ;)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 08:23:33 AM »
Very nice. The only thing I can think of for skulls are from Dixon Miniatures in their Old West range. They did Bison and cattle skulls.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 10:22:40 AM »
No idea for a dear skull, but you can get these animal skulls separately from freebooter and might work if you add a set of antlers from elsewhere:

http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/shop/index.php?s=675e66b81b2cd936d6b5e0b3b0234b3e&act=SHOP&CODE=03&WGP=3&art=230

If you get these skulls you could use GW Dryad bits for the horns.
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1370259_99120204003_WoodElfDryadsMain_873x627.jpg
If you go down that route and need some let me know I may have some spare?

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 03:01:33 PM »
You know me Paul, I suffer from some weird disorder when it comes to modelling/painting/collecting, I have just added another project to my list, I am still working on the others and hope to have photos of the finished Atomic Cafe figures posted by end of next week. ;)

lol :D lol
Simon, don't worry, that's the way most Lead Adventurers do it! Matakishi is just the exception to the rule ...
 8)

Offline elysium64

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 04:45:28 PM »
Have built the super structure, minus the roof so I can paint the interior and add some stowage.

Offline duhamel

• Mastermind
  • voyageur
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 05:35:09 PM »
That promises to be a beautiful model.
To us two, we should be able to go back up(raise) the Missouri without problem  lol lol

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 06:35:40 PM »
Wow, nice looking model. Alright now that the praise is over with, has anyone else seen the repricussions of what Duhamel is doing?? Am I the only one??? He is upping the ante by building great terrain and sharing these inspirational ideas so that we all decide we have more time to do this sort of thing which is going to get us all in trouble with our other-halves who still think we have time to do all the yard work, cooking, cleaning, running kids around to all of their activities, etc. as well as hold down a F/T job compared to their "lady of leisure" status...sheesh!!

But seriously, great work on the boat, and great to see Duhamel inspire others to his "greatness". 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 05:55:04 PM »
Wow, nice looking model. Alright now that the praise is over with, has anyone else seen the repricussions of what Duhamel is doing?? Am I the only one??? He is upping the ante by building great terrain and sharing these inspirational ideas so that we all decide we have more time to do this sort of thing which is going to get us all in trouble with our other-halves who still think we have time to do all the yard work, cooking, cleaning, running kids around to all of their activities, etc. as well as hold down a F/T job compared to their "lady of leisure" status...sheesh!!

But seriously, great work on the boat, and great to see Duhamel inspire others to his "greatness". 8)

I second that :)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 11:14:37 PM »
Ral Partha does a 25mm Stag that might be useful for the antlers.  It's part of their Lesser Animals pack.  Can't find mine at the moment to give you an exact size but here's a pic.

I have it and I find it a bit shit really. Mr-Easy-To-Cast posture and unconvincing antlers.

Offline Terrible Tim

• Scientist
    • The Wargamer
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 02:52:05 AM »

I agree. I have started building scenery and I consider myself a useless modeller (I normally just buy scenery).
...Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen....

Blog: www.the-wargamer.com