Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:57:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My Middle Earth Orcs - updated 17/02/19  (Read 9015 times)

Offline Alan Mercer

• Scientist
    • Alan's Wargaming Miniatures
Re: My Middle Earth Orcs - updated 17/02/19
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2021, 09:35:35 AM »
Sadly it is on an indefinite break. I have become a dedicated 40mm gamer, but Orcs, and fantasy in general, are not well catered for in that scale. I haven't given up on these quite yet though - if I really can't find suitable alternatives in my chosen scale (the Combat Hex stuff is based on the movies and not quite what I want), then I may revert back to good old 28s.

Offline Alan Mercer

• Scientist
    • Alan's Wargaming Miniatures
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2021, 10:58:31 AM »
A proper update this time. The photos show where I had stopped. I had increased the size of the first unit to 36, and included a command base. I had another 16 (needed to create a few more), in the paint queue - I planned to have a massive unit of 54 figures, or split it into 2 smaller units. I then thought I might have a more dynamic unit, in charging/attacking poses, so prepared a sample base to work from, which I quite liked. Then I ran out of steam.

Having re-visited this, I now think I can do better, the painting isn't as good I thought it was at the time, and some of the conversion was a bit crude.

There are even more kits available to work with then there was in 2018/19 so, for the new year, I think I'll plan out getting this going again.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2021, 12:22:28 PM »
I think they look great!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2021, 12:33:04 PM »
Yeah, they look ace - both in close-up and - especially - en masse. I bet they look brilliant on the table too.

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2021, 12:13:08 PM »
Agree with the others - a great job there! I like the run-down, grab-what-weapon-you-can look. Makes for a suitably motley band of orc fighters.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/