Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:13:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686613
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 757
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Who Fancies a New Set of VBCW Rules  (Read 11937 times)

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
Re: Who Fancies a New Set of VBCW Rules
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2019, 05:13:14 AM »
A proper custom set would be nice, I find most are 'too military'...except bolt action which while flexible I find problematic as most of the vbcw-suitable units call for a mix of mostly melee to a few firearms, while most of the vbcw minis on the market are have firearms.

I;d like to see something small scale, similar to necromunda/kill team where you have a group where each is an individual who grows in experience.

Offline PanzerKaput

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2019, 10:01:56 PM »
The idea for the new set of VBCW rules involves a low figure count, between 10 to 50 figures per side, character/leader led, themed forces in a scenario drive game. This is to sit alongside the range of books and rules out there at the moment and not replace them in anyway. We is not looking at changing the background and hopefully will increase the appeal of VBCW and add it to a larger platform.

The rules or not like Went the Day well or Brigade 38 or in fact any skirmish out there but rather based on more abstracted. The rule mechanics are based of grouped units rather than individuals but the Characters/Heroes/Leader buff and influence the units, think of is like a movie or comic strip with main and minor characters.

I hope you like the idea and are as excited by it as I am but please let me know what you think.

Offline Captain Darling

• Mad Scientist
    • Captain Darlings Miniatures Emporium
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2019, 10:20:37 PM »
Thanks for the reply with figure numbers. You mention ‘characters’ and also a pulp type theme great news.

Will there be a ‘campaign’ section so your ‘characters’ can develop from game to game, that would stand them apart.

I am interested if it includes the later, I could adapt them for my purposes.

Cheers!
"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au
https://toysoldiersforoldgits.blogspot.com.au

Offline AlexM

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2019, 07:32:47 PM »
Based on that last description, sounds like a Lardies game...

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2019, 08:10:13 PM »
The rules or not like Went the Day well or Brigade 38 or in fact any skirmish out there but rather based on more abstracted.

I’m not too sure what that means.

Doug

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2019, 08:36:18 PM »
So are you going for something like 5 men at Normandy? Pulp alley? Or 1930s verson of modern small skirmish rules like black ops, skirmish Sangin or Specter Ops?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline leadboy

• Librarian
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2019, 09:25:17 AM »
When will the teasing/guessing game be over and the rules published? Or more importantly I'd guess for some, the new figures available? Whatever, looking forward to it, but a timeline would be jolly useful.

Offline Flinty

• Librarian
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2019, 03:12:06 PM »
Intrigued as everyone else - level of abstraction to leaders and squads sounds different from most skirmish/low level approaches, so I'm interested to see what you (finally) have up your sleeve.

I've used Mr Eddington's World Aflame at squad level, which ran quite briskly (a good thing every now and again), but I like to be able to inject traits or pecularities to differentiate stuff - where else but VBCW can I have a scarecrow Recon section and limousine mounted flying squads?

Offline agent_pumpkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2019, 08:41:55 AM »
Yes, yes and yes.

Offline McKinnhe

• Student
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2019, 03:46:20 AM »
Oh my word, yes. Just one request, though: please don't close up the open-endedness of the original. It seems that whenever sourcebooks get redone they feel they have to add more to the backstory and the result is that you have to either ignore the fluff altogether or play a game thinking you could do better. I LOVE VBCW, though, and salivate at the thought of being able to play a game over here (China) with someone other than my wife.

Offline PanzerKaput

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2019, 10:54:54 AM »
I’m not too sure what that means.

Doug

Sorry Doug I meant The rules are not or. Sorry for the confusion.

Still at the information gather stage and as soon as there is anything concert I will let you know.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2019, 09:27:08 PM »
Can’t you just do a source book with Bolt Action?

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2019, 04:44:57 AM »
Can’t you just do a source book with Bolt Action?

These days warlord are very much pushing their cruel seas/blood red skies games and im pretty sure all their bolt action releases for the next while are already in place.

Offline Sparrow

• Mastermind
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2019, 05:33:04 AM »
Wasn’t the fantasy style “Operation Sea Lion” their crack at VBCW?
Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry!

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2019, 06:41:20 AM »
Throwing my hat in ring. We have a large VBCW collection that Triumph and Tragedy served admirably enough but would love a dedicated ruleset as described. Playtesters needed perhaps?
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/