Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:53:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 'Orcs and where to find them'or 'they ain't got to be green  (Read 4933 times)

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
Re: 'Orcs and where to find them'or 'they ain't got to be green
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 06:16:21 PM »
Some great orcs appearing. The monster manual pig nosed orc colour scheme might work well for Black Orcs too.

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2019, 11:49:23 PM »
Very useful thread, thanks Godwin! I've spent the last 3 months buying Kev Adam's style orcs, goblins and hobgoblins from various companies. I sold off most of my GW O&G army years ago, just keeping about 80ish figures, and decided to rebuild and repaint as my next project. I was trying to decide how to paint the skin and knew there were a number of LAFers who did different schemes. Now I dont have to search for all of them.

Offline Godwin

• Assistant
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2019, 08:16:35 AM »
 I am enjoying what I am seeing!  I think I was wearing GW blinkers for years and it's great to see so much variety not only in models but colours.
 For those new to orcs and inspired to start here are some cheap regiments in plastic from different companies. If there are more just add to the thread!
The pics are from Erehwon from warlord games. KOW from mantic(they do a whole host of orcy stuff and oathmark with a sprue. Although called goblins I think they are bigger.  All are around the £20 mark or less and enough figures to get a 24pt warband for say dragons rampant.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:25:49 AM by Godwin »