Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:46:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686665
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Aztec army  (Read 29815 times)

Offline Huron34

• Scientist
Re: Aztec army
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2020, 04:27:32 PM »
Here are two tlaxcalan Jaguar warrior:

Yellow helmet
Brown suit

And two variant?

The first is a great lord, the head of the jaguar and the body of eagle. Several codex show this kind of suit, and ewplain the brown of the suit.

The second is a jaguar warrior, as it is possible to see in another thunbnail of the codex of tlaxcala (one allied warrior of the mexicas) Why yellow head and brown suit? I don't no.

It's up to you to choose, both being, for me possible

Offline Morin84

• Scientist
    • Life, Golf, Miniatures, & Other Distractions
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2020, 07:47:28 PM »
Here are two tlaxcalan Jaguar warrior:

Yellow helmet
Brown suit

And two variant?

The first is a great lord, the head of the jaguar and the body of eagle. Several codex show this kind of suit, and ewplain the brown of the suit.

The second is a jaguar warrior, as it is possible to see in another thunbnail of the codex of tlaxcala (one allied warrior of the mexicas) Why yellow head and brown suit? I don't no.

It's up to you to choose, both being, for me possible

Just discovered this thread and as I have been working on my Aztec and Tlaxcalan troops since April I'm finding it fascinating.  My stuff is posted on my blog - latest post with links to the others is : https://markamorin.com/2020/10/11/tlaxcalan-novices-elite-warriors-and-command-group/

I'm a gamer mainly and have no where near the depth of knowledge that has been displayed on this thread.  The painting has been awesome on the figures here.

Offline Huron34

• Scientist
« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2020, 07:20:15 PM »
Good evening Morin,
the purpose of my tutorial was to show warriors different from what we usually see.
I hoped that this would lead other figurinists to do the same.
For the moment you are one of the few to be interested. (Your Tlaxcallan are very good).
Try to bring rare things, it will bring charm to your army
Thank's for all

Offline Huron34

• Scientist
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2020, 08:28:04 PM »
Hi,
Here a noble Tlaxcalan with a bird banner. It comes from the sticker showing a cuauhtli-ocelotl (codex: lienzo de Tlaxcala).

Offline Huron34

• Scientist
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2020, 08:34:11 PM »
 About the colours used by the "Liezo de Tlaxcala", the banner of ocotelolco was the quetzal bird. It'is represented in yellow!!!
The real color is green, of course.

Help me: there would be an engraver to make this banner as well as noble/warrior in Ehualt (Nic, Ged)?

Exemple of the noble of ocotelolco in ehualt with the quetzal bird (like lienzo)

Offline Morin84

• Scientist
« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2020, 04:26:31 PM »
Good evening Morin,
the purpose of my tutorial was to show warriors different from what we usually see.
I hoped that this would lead other figurinists to do the same.
For the moment you are one of the few to be interested. (Your Tlaxcallan are very good).
Try to bring rare things, it will bring charm to your army
Thank's for all

That's great to hear Huron34.  I have just finished off my 109 Aztec troops in addition to the Tlaxcalans, will be posting these soon on markamorin.com  - then on to the Spanish for Feudal Patrol games using the Civilizations Collide supplement that I wrote.

Offline Huron34

• Scientist
« Reply #156 on: December 13, 2020, 03:53:21 PM »
Another Tlaxcalan warlord (Lienzo de Tlaxcala)

Offline Huron34

• Scientist
« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2020, 04:25:08 PM »
Cuachicqueh part 2

The codex florentino shows Cuachiqueh with or whithout "banners". Look part 1 for the banners.

Without banners:

Warriors in Tlahuiztli with Cuexyo shield (Warrior of Gringo 40 and shield of Eureka miniatures)

Warriors in Ehualtl with Otomi shield (warrior, modified, and shield for Eureka Miniatures)

The Tlahuiztli and Ehualtl, for the Mexicas are in yellow (codex Duran; Mendoza and Florentino)

Offline Huron34

• Scientist
« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2020, 04:27:21 PM »
Ehualtl

Offline Huron34

• Scientist
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2020, 04:35:45 PM »
The warrior class of Cuachicqueh is not reserved for Mexicas.
But we don't any information on what to wear in others tribes.
For example, we know that in the Huexotzinca, the cuachicqueh wore only a breechclout.

I think, as great warriors, idem for" nobles", their skins should be painted (whole or in part)?!

Look the curved labret, the two small feathers, and the back breechclout, principal identifying characteristic of Huexotzinca

Offline BillK

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2020, 05:24:13 PM »
Some very cool stuff here.

Offline Huron34

• Scientist
« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2020, 08:07:13 PM »
Thanks

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #162 on: December 28, 2020, 02:53:49 AM »
Hello,

I have been following your thread for some time. I would like to recommend Paymaster Games. They have a large line of Aztecs as well as models for other Native American nations. Their models are the same scale as eureka, outpost, warlord and foundry. Paymaster's models would add some new looks to your already great army. If nothing else the heroes will bring some character into your army.

As a side note they also have allot of Mesoamerican mythical creatures, many from Aztec and Mayan cultures.

Here is the link to their web store -

https://www.paymastergames.com/aztec-triple-alliance

Offline Morin84

• Scientist
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2021, 04:47:34 PM »
These Paymaster figs look cool, but seem mostly to be out of stock!

Offline mmcv

• Librarian
« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2021, 09:42:21 AM »
This is fantastic, gorgeous figures and great information. I recently finished off Mexica/Aztec and Tarascan armies in 10mm. Next in the agenda when I want to revisit the period will probably be the Tlaxcalans so will be bookmarking this thread!  :D