Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:13:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Outremer questions.  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Calnala

• Student
Outremer questions.
« on: February 18, 2019, 08:29:36 PM »
So I finally got my first game played and I enjoyed the experience.  I came up with a few questions; while reading and playing; and hopefully I can get some answers.

1) Do Commander and Born to Lead stack or does the former override the later?
2) is the cross how D10 or D12 power? The chart says one thing and he shooting example says another.
3) Is the range of the sling 0-4/4-12 or 0-3/3-12?
4) What changes when someone inreases in rank. Specifically squire to knight or pilgrim to levy.  What I mean is, does anything in the stat block change or just the things in specials section. Does a pilgrim moving to levy allowed to use a sword or will he be relegated to a dagger when he makes captain. Same with the Knights, does a squire get the 2" Born to Lead when they make knight.
5)If someone with a Nil for shooting suffers an eye wound is he removed from the game or does it count as a Flesh Wound?

I know this might seem like a bunch of questions, but I really did enjoy the game and I do hope to get more played.

Offline Dalcor

• Librarian
    • Wargaming ASP Club
Re: Outremer questions.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 09:47:36 PM »
Good Question, have to include them in my list
1) Commander overrides the Born to Lead trait (can be considered as Born To Lead 5)
2) It should be Crossbow right? d12. Laura in Example has very old crossbow ;-)
3) 0-4/4-12 at least I play it this way. I did not sent the FAQ/Errata to Jamie yet for ruling
4) page 49: On occasion, a warrior may have gained so many XP that not only does he cross
an advancement threshold but he also increases in rank along his chosen career path.
This may simply mean the fighter has in increase in status amongst he’s peers, but
on occasion it comes with benefits such as access to additional types of Trait Charts.

RAW you level up as usual but get a new traits list open.  Your Born to Lead will not increase to two. I think, that may be you can choose to do it instead of rolling on new trait table as soon as you reach the appropriate level.

5) no ruling, I would suggest that you will mark that he has wound to his eye and in case you are wounded again he will be removed.

Offline Dalcor

• Librarian
    • Wargaming ASP Club
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 10:08:15 PM »
Hmmm, but the Levy Example is good one, I have to re-read rules carefuly.

a) RAW the rules says that unless you get "SWORDSMAN" from Melee Table, you are fighting with -1 penalty.

b) We consider Improvised Weapon as weapon you do not have training how to use as well

Thus, Levy is unable to learn how to handle sword untill he becomes militia and would be able to roll on Melee Trait label. As soon as he get swordsman trait, he nows how to handle the weapon and you can use full sword stats.

Thats how I read it and my history in Role Playing Games suggests :-D

However i have to admit we do not apply (by omission on our part) the -1 penalty for not having the skill.

Will try to reach Jamie for clarification
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 10:30:15 PM by Dalcor »

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
  • Old school gamer since 1990!
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 10:46:24 AM »
Hi all;

The author here:

Thanks for bringing these to my attention; I’m really pleased to see people are playing the game and identifying points for discussion.

Levy example is good! So any restrictions inherent with a specific rank (i.e. can only use improvised weapons) ceases to apply when the fighter is promoted to the next rank. So a newly promoted levy can use all the options normally available to a Levy!

For the squire they will keep there 1” rule for Born to Lead even when promoted. However if players want to House Rule this between them then that’s not a mass I’ve Issue!
Check out my blog for all things 30k, 40k, Oldhammer and tutorials:
http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Calnala

• Student
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 09:15:02 PM »
Thanks for the help in getting some answers for my questions.

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
  • Old school gamer since 1990!
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 11:35:50 PM »
Happy to help mate. I hope you’re enjoying the game!