Forum > Pulp

(Kickstarter) Pulp Alley - Second Edition

<< < (2/29) > >>

blacksoilbill:
That's a hefty looking tome.  ;)

dartfrog:
looking good.

warrenpeace:
From a post elsewhere, this 2nd edition book will include both the rules and the materials in the Pulp Leagues booklet. That probably helps explain why the new book will be bigger. The main change reported so far is to have all perils drawn from the top of the deck, rather than taking the time to see if other players want to play a peril out of their hand.

d phipps:

--- Quote from: twrchtrwyth on February 19, 2019, 11:24:20 PM ---Looks good. Will you be putting up a definative list of what the 2nd edition makes obsolete and what is still current?

--- End quote ---

This book is intended to replace our first edition rulebook as well as Pulp Leagues, and we have already stopped printing/selling these books. Our other books and cards are intended to be used with Second Edition.    ;)

--- Quote from: Commander Roj on February 20, 2019, 05:09:05 PM ---It looks as if this edition is perfect bound? I am also wondering if this includes the combined material from the various expansions. In other words it is a second edition, but also a compendium of the full rules?

--- End quote ---

Yes, the softcover will be perfect bound now. I may have been the only one that preferred the stapled covers, but we out-grew them when we added an extra 100 pages.  :D
Yes, the new rulebook also combines a bunch of stuff from our other Pulp Alley books - such as Bursts, basic Vehicle rules, Mounts, Solo rules, Horror, tons of abilities and perks, and so on...

--- Quote from: Wirelizard on February 21, 2019, 01:31:02 AM ---Intruiged and excited by this, haven't done much gaming, painting, or much of anything related for a while (er, like a year...) but 2nd Ed Pulp Alley might be the thing that nudges me back into gaming!

--- End quote ---

Second Edition combines a bunch of stuff that has been printed in various books over the last 6 years, but we also looked at where we could make the game play even better - based on our own games and suggestions from other players. Here is a sneak peek at some pages from Pulp Alley: Second Edition... 

Ballardian:

Excellent, I've had a lot of fun with first edition, looking forward to the new version :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version