Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:19:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: DBA: Huns, Franks, Romans  (Read 1019 times)

Offline vtsaogames

• Mastermind
    • Corlears Hook Fencibles
DBA: Huns, Franks, Romans
« on: August 23, 2019, 05:43:30 PM »
We had two games last night as members became familiar with DBA, some for the first time, others after a long hiatus.  The first game saw Huns invade Frankish lands. I formed up in about as close to a square as I could. The the Huns rode down upon us.

The second game saw the Huns invade the Western Empire. Once the fur started to fly, a Roman cataphract unit caught fire and did some real damage to the steppe nomads.

The report is here https://corlearshookfencibles.blogspot.com/

You guys think I should tone down the bright Hun shields?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 03:47:58 PM by vtsaogames »
And the glorious general led the advance
With a glorious swish of his sword and his lance
And a glorious clank of his tin-plated pants. - Dr. Seuss

My blog: http://corlearshookfencibles.blogspot.com/

Offline huevans

• Mad Scientist
Re: DBA: Huns, Franks, Romans
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 02:50:33 PM »
I'm surprised that the cataphracts could catch up to the Hunnic light horse archers.

Offline vtsaogames

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 06:08:45 PM »
I'm surprised that the cataphracts could catch up to the Hunnic light horse archers.

Attila was with a group of armored Hun nobles, classed as cavalry in DBA. Also, they were attempting to kill the Roman cavalry. In the first fight, the Romans had no room to recoil. But the fight was a draw. The next round they forced the Romans to recoil but now there was room. After that, Saint Micheal or somebody must have joined the Romans the cataphracts rolled hot dice for the rest of the game.

If Attila would have stayed in the second line... You didn't see Aetius getting into any vulgar fisticuffs.

Offline LazyStudent

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 06:34:26 PM »
Looks like great fun! I often find it tricky to win with the Huns, the Cv and Lh mix doesn't allow for many quick kills!
"History is a set of lies agreed upon.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline vtsaogames

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 06:51:21 PM »
They are hard for the Franks to beat. Light horse doubles the Franks, the Franks die. Any of the 10 Frankish warbands double the light horse, they flee. And come back again when there are enough pips.