Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:26:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689768
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Vietnam range?  (Read 2962 times)

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
New Vietnam range?
« on: February 25, 2019, 10:33:26 PM »

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New Vietnam range?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 11:32:16 PM »
It looks like everything is out of stock or not yet made, except from the US Marines, which do look nice
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 07:57:59 AM »
 :o :o :o
Another range?

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 08:02:04 AM »
:o :o :o
Another range?

Amazing, isn’t....it’s the ketchup effect  :D suddenly Black Sun, Gringo, Empress and now this. This will be a great Vietnam year!

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 08:48:58 AM »
Ooooh M42 Duster
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 11:04:23 AM »
It’s like buses isn’t it? Wait for ages then two or in this case three come. Figures look pretty bloody ropey to be honest but I’d be intrigued to see the actual vehicles, rather than renders or proxy pics.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 11:10:00 AM »
I agree, it is not the sculpting quality that the price suggests....I hope the vehicles are better, nice to see that they seem to have a PBR in the pipeline

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 04:36:08 PM »
Interesting figures.
Would like to see their vehicles in 1/50 scale.
But that is just me.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 06:58:35 PM »
So far Empress' forthcoming Vietnam range looks the best....but newcomers with better products are always welcomed!

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 03:45:34 AM »
Yes, with Empress and other companies working on Vietnam ranges it seems like we're in a different space than we were a few years ago. I recall there being a 28mm Vietnam Kickstarter announced a while back, but it was cancelled out of lack of interest (and folks weren't willing to pay £2 a model :P).

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 09:23:15 AM »
That was Special Artizan Services kickstarter. The PAVN looked good, the US Army were a bit off. Thirty round magazines, chinstraps buckled up etc.

I inquired to the owner as to their fate and he said he was going to repackage them and release later in the year. That was last year so no idea if or when they will be released. Pity, the PAVN were perfect for what I’m interested in which is 1973 onwards.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 09:36:57 AM »
Ah, I just remember the range for having a PAVN figure armed with a MAT-49, which seemed like the sculptor had done their research. I haven't been following every bit of info coming out of SASM since they became part of Warbanner, though I believe they're looking into more ranges, so that may be an excuse to see at least some of those Vietnam figures coming out.

I'm having a go at a bit of sculpting myself right now. Which has me wondering if anyone's done a set of SEAL figures armed with AKs or Stoner 63s. This particular guy has quite the set up. From what I can he's wearing Tiger Stripe camo with a Type-56 chest rig right?

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2019, 09:55:58 AM »
Or you could just wait for the Ebob/Recon 28mm range. 100th anniversary of the end of the war is only another 50 odd years off. :D

You’re right nobody has done the Stoner but TAG have a packet of Special Forces with AK-47s. Head swaps and the TAG backpacks and water bottles would turn the Eureka Zanla figures into reasonable proxies. I’ve used that range as a universal range, they are the basis of my Nicaraguan ERP and my Khmer Rouge.

I wish someone would do some decent Australians for Vietnam. The TAG range diesn’t quite do it for me.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2019, 10:28:14 AM »
Yeah, I was just thinking about the Australians too. Vietnam's not something I've really looked into, I'm just sculpting some stuff on a whim right now ...for well the sake of sculpting. Forces outside of the United States tend to be ill represented in any form of media. For instance when the game Rising Storm 2: Vietnam came out its a sign of that game's authenticity that they had the Australians as a faction.

Did Artizan not do Australians a while ago? I remember someone having a range with SLRs at one point. I suppose its a case of "if you sell it they will com", and if someone puts together a range there'll be at least some interest. At least with post-WWII ranges its not that there's always a lack of miniatures available for a particular setting, its unfortunately finding ones which are of quality. Paul Hicks can't sculpt everything. :)

Edit: Oh and on the Stoner 63. Its probably too complicated a design for most companies to have bothered with before 3D printing was a thing. I've hand made AKs before and could see how much of a pain carving out and sculpting the sight rail and hand guards on a Stoner 63 could be. The rifle's pretty obscure too, however that's perhaps why people may want figures armed with them (IIRC only the rifle and LMG variants saw service). Perhaps if one of these new Vietnam ranges take off that'll be an opportunity for those to appear in 28mm. They'd be a great gun for a Twilight 2000 scenario.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:31:28 AM by Wyrmalla »

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 10:28:28 PM »
Agreed these don’t look that good. The marines’ helmets look very off somehow to me. More power to them but I will wait for the Paul Hicks range, which will likely be definitive.