Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:08:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690603
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Perry Miniatures AZW British infantry in shirtsleeves and Zulu Commanders  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Mike1879

• Scientist
Some pics of my recently painted Perry Miniatures British Infantry in shirtsleeves and some Zulu Commanders !! Lovely figures to paint

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Very nice - well done  :-*

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Lovely brushwork on the British and Zulus. Can I please ask what colour you went for on the shirtsleeves for the British ?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
Those are very nice!   :)
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Very nice brushwork.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Mike1879

• Scientist
Hi Helen thanks for the kind remarks !! Yes of course you can have the shirt painting recipe. I used Foundry triad Col 75 British blue grey A,B,and C. I added white to C in various stages for the blending and highlighting. Hope that helps !!

Mike.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Hi Helen thanks for the kind remarks !! Yes of course you can have the shirt painting recipe. I used Foundry triad Col 75 British blue grey A,B,and C. I added white to C in various stages for the blending and highlighting. Hope that helps !!

Mike.

Hi Mike, thank you for the heads-up on the British shirtsleeve colour. Appreciate most kindly.

Best regards,

Helen

Online Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Tidy! Love the grey. I see a lot of people go way too blue with it, especially with their Great War figures. If you look at the real ones, there's barely any blue in there at all, even though people always describe them as blue-grey.

I blame that pesky Osprey colour plate of the South African in East Africa, who is wearing an entirely different and very blue shirt.  :)

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...