Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:31:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hue 68 - UD 26/4 more buildings references  (Read 7061 times)

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: Hue 68 - buildings WIP
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2019, 06:36:34 AM »
WOW excellent. Love the arch. I was looking at that the other day funny enough. :-*

Thanks.

“WOW excellent” was pretty much my reaction on seeing the first of your minis.

:D
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Online traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2019, 07:53:28 AM »
Great photos of the trucks. I started a new vehicles thread to stop my derailing of this excellent buildings thread  ;)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2019, 10:52:27 AM »
Thanks.

“WOW excellent” was pretty much my reaction on seeing the first of your minis.

:D

Luv you long time  lol

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2019, 10:55:10 AM »

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: Hue 68 - UD 25/4 more buildings WIP & 1/56 vehicles
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2019, 12:14:14 PM »
The project hasn’t stalled, it’s just slowly progressing alongside others  ;) With that in mind here’s an update on the buildings and 1/56 vehicles.

Firstly though, I’ve received my first 16 minis from Empress, of which 14 have slotted into the TO&E of a rifle platoon with two attached M60s. My 1968 Nam project is exclusive to the Hue Triangle - its a ‘attack/defend the block’ game - so I’m not bothering with minis, vehicles or terrain that go beyond those parameters. I have it in mind to game the National Liberation Front as a non-player force with the USMC platoon components ‘diced for’ after their objective has been decided. This means a fair few USMC minis might never get played with but, hey, they’ll look nice on my shelves. Unfortunately, Empress have interfered with my planning by revealing loads more lovely minis!  :D I might now be making two platoons (or maybe two reduced platoons) worth.

Anyways, back to progress. I’ve started on a few more buildings, namely a Church, detached house, pair of semi houses and a low-walled public garden that will get a water fountain.

These have been cut out and assembled onto their 4mm MDF bases (which provide the kerbs) but I have yet to add floors or roofs and break out shelling damage, etc.

I have MDF bases to assemble 2 more large buildings and 6 long, thin perimeter facades (from which to launch the attack on or support  the defence of the block or blocks laid out as the main part of the table).

I’ve also accumulated a few 1/55 - 1/56 vehicles, which are my personal preference for these minis.

A Siku VW beetle and two ‘period-like’ stand-ins from Disney Cars.

An Empress M60 gunner (in this photo the bipod and ammo belt* have yet to be fitted) with the VW Love Bug:

*Btw, the option of a C-Rat can under the belt is a great little addition (though it’s not in the belt-less  pre-assembly image above)

As far as military vehicles in 1/56 go, so far I’ve only been able to track down an Ontos (price is a bit “ouch”  :'() but still looking before I buy.

Offline coldm2231

• Assistant
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2019, 01:03:04 PM »
Have a look at Full Metal Miniatures.... they are releasing 1/56 Vietnam vehicles... my preferred scale too... in the next few weeks.

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2019, 02:12:14 PM »
BPM does a 1/56 Ontos for 12£. I know some people is quite negative on them, but I think that the criticism in undeserved. The image on the website are from the 15mm version andd the picture is very close so the layering is quite visible, in real life it is much less pronounced.  On top of that their plastic is much better than the WSF from shapeways.
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2019, 02:31:56 PM »
The buildings look like a good start.

The system you describe sounds interesting. I had wondered about a TWD:AOW threat level system to generate opposition and a simple decision tree for their behaviour (most based on who to shoot at).

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2019, 03:37:35 PM »
Thanks folks, much appreciated  :)

Of the 1/56 offerings of the Ontos, assuming its cast in resin then I’m inclined towards that by Full Metal Miniatures. I’m hoping the drawings are early versions as a few bits of detail are missing but the overall shape does seem to be a better match. And of course resin will avoid me having to remove all those print lines.

The system you describe sounds interesting. I had wondered about a TWD:AOW threat level system to generate opposition and a simple decision tree for their behaviour (most based on who to shoot at).

Urban clearance lends itself well to such a system. Over time I’ve written up a few decision trees for various periods/scenarios so I’m confident.  :D

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2019, 03:39:00 PM »
Totes  ;D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2019, 03:55:08 PM »
Wicked cool  :D
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2019, 03:55:38 PM »
For those interested in 1/56 vehicles, I’ve already heard back from Simon at Full Metal  Miniatures with the following update on availability of the Ontos:

The Ontos will be out middle to end of May. Was hoping it would be sooner but am snowed under with casting figures at the moment. First vehicles will be released middle to end of next week. They are the M41 and M42. Next will be M48 and PBR followed by sampans and Ontos. Sorry for the delay and any inconvenience caused!

It’s worth mentioning that Simon responded within minutes to the contact form sent from his website.

https://www.fullmetalminiatures.com

Totes  ;D

And you’re hilarious  lol

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2019, 03:55:56 PM »
Wicked cool  :D

And you’re also hilarious  :D

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2019, 06:21:42 PM »
Oooj, someone has been busy! I like what you've done. Hopefully I'll get a game!  :D

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2019, 08:32:05 PM »
want to know something wicked?  Be an Ontos driver and be with your head out when all six RCL fire...

eons ago I corresponded with a former US Marine who served also as an Ontos driver and he told me the story (he also ended up re-enlisting, but  in the Army  after Vietnam and ended up commanding a brigade in Korea... that was a great story. He also worked with General Pearson in writing War in the Northern Provinces the US Army monograph on operations in the northern part of RVN. And he was (I suppose still is) a miniature gamer!