Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:51:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Great day had at Hammerhead (few game photos)  (Read 1185 times)

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Great day had at Hammerhead (few game photos)
« on: March 02, 2019, 08:05:45 PM »
Not long been back from a lovely day spent at the Hammerhead show. Sold everything I took to the bring and buy, spent all the money from that, saw all my friends and made new ones, entered the painting competition, played some games, came home with lots of goodies.
Too busy having fun to take many pics, but here are a few from the TMWWBK and Bolt Action games I played in:

Although my Maratha artillery crews have fled in the face of the advancing East India Company redcoats, my tribal mercenary units prepare to stand fast:

And further down the line my cavalry all get to activate and attempt to break up the British attack:

And in the middle one Indian unit which looked a bit like cataphracts actually destroyed a British infantry unit and broke through their line! Bearing down on young Sergeant Sharpe who was defending a fallen Wellesley!

The Bolt Action game was fun too :
My Cromwell has managed to stop the halftrack on the opposite hedge from taking the crossroads but my accompanying infantry are about to get punished by the Panzer across the table...

« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 08:10:04 PM by vodkafan »
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: Great day had at Hammerhead (few game photos)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 09:43:22 PM »
It is a nice show. I also had a good day. Wide variety of traders, lots of nice games &
got rid of a lot of stuff on the trade at table.

Offline Volleyfire!

• Scientist
  • At 100 yards................Volleyfire!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 06:42:02 PM »
Our favourite show of the year, a thoroughly enjoyable day out. We never stay as long at any other shows. It was a good job we did actually because I won the raffle, you could have knocked me down with a feather, I never win anything!  :o
  I think Hammerhead showed Partizan what could be done at the showground, so they did what they should have done years ago and finally moved from dingy old Kelham, and I also think it has encouraged Partizan to put on a lot more participation games - which is good for getting youngsters involved in the hobby - and to be a bit less elitist.

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
  • "Down with this sort of thing!" (Careful now)
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 07:27:17 PM »
I had a spiffing day too!

Offline GDonk

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 06:23:00 PM »
Thoroughly enjoyable. Spent too much . . . .