Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:37:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Load of Old ADLG Bulls - Koreans in Pamplona!  (Read 1346 times)

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
A Load of Old ADLG Bulls - Koreans in Pamplona!
« on: April 24, 2019, 10:34:15 PM »
Its Spain - and of course it's 6 battle reports which are as tasty as a Korean barbecue with added Chorizo and Manchego !

The occasion is a competition in Pamplona, the home of the running of the bulls which was of course an ideal place to try out an army which may in itself be a load of old bull.

But even more pertinently they are the Koryo Koreans and their War Wagon Wagon Train, a novelty item often overlooked in ADLG.

Will the cunning Koreans make the wagons work in these six trucking good battle reports?

The wheels are certainly rolling - will they come off, or will they ride to victory in Spain?

https://www.madaxeman.com/reports/Pamplona_2019_1.php for the link to the reports
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 10:41:32 PM by madaxeman »
Web: Madaxeman.com
On Twitter: twitter.com
On Facebook:  facebook.com
Devon holiday?: The Captains Cottage Brixham

Offline Irregular Wars Nic

• Mad Scientist
    • Visit the Irregular Wars blog:
Re: A Load of Old ADLG Bulls - Koreans in Pamplona!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 07:51:29 AM »
Great reports as usual.

I might have to play around with Wwg. Is there a cheat sheet somewhere listing all armies that can field them?

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 04:22:35 PM »
Not that I'm aware of, but the list is pretty thin.  A few late medievals, the indians, these Koreans, the Ming, and the N&S chinese I think are the main ones.

Being able to ignore enemy ZOCs is quite funny, but ulimately they are there to move into a positin where the eenemy doesnt expect them, then delay and blunt an enemy attack for a few turns before inevitably being removed - which I guess was pretty much their actual role, although in a slightly more abstracted (they move it position in-game) than a literal (they moved into position pre-battle) way.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 06:24:09 PM »
Thanks again for the reports, as always, very entertaining, though a part of me wonders how you have the discipline to take so many pics during a game. (Although I did meet one player who conscientiously recorded his every dice roll on a little scratch pad.)

Looking forward to the next set of reports, just a shame you don't play a 'proper' wargames set, like DBMM  lol
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Irregular Wars Nic

• Mad Scientist
    • Visit the Irregular Wars blog:
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 11:46:57 PM »
Not that I'm aware of, but the list is pretty thin.  A few late medievals, the indians, these Koreans, the Ming, and the N&S chinese I think are the main ones.

Being able to ignore enemy ZOCs is quite funny, but ulimately they are there to move into a positin where the eenemy doesnt expect them, then delay and blunt an enemy attack for a few turns before inevitably being removed - which I guess was pretty much their actual role, although in a slightly more abstracted (they move it position in-game) than a literal (they moved into position pre-battle) way.

Thanks!