Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:41:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686662
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: TWD's Properhammer Adventures - Another Old World four player 04/03  (Read 32708 times)

Offline TWD

• Mastermind
    • Tom's Toy Soldiers Blog
Re: TWD's Properhammer Adventures - another Gob Off 21 June
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2021, 09:24:13 PM »
A change of pace - Ogres against the Empire

Plenty more pictures on the blog:
https://tomstoysoldiers.blogspot.com/2021/06/warhammer-ogres-v-empire.html

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: TWD's Properhammer Adventures - Ogres and Empire 28 June
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2021, 12:43:45 PM »
Always enjoy your warhammer games.
It's whats motivated me to paint some empire whilst my hand is healing. Now up to .. One hero on a Griffin, one on a Pegasus, twenty heavy knights on armoured horse, ten on barded horses ( technically two finished eight 90% done),ten archers, twenty foot with spears and shields, and twenty great swords just starting to paint today. Oh and 70% of a Castle done.
A mere drop compared to your collection. But every now and again you post pictures that remind me that there's an achievable table at the other end of the grind. So I find a little motivation to paint some more. Rather than the sea of WW2 I've to grind through sculpting.

Mark.

Offline TWD

• Mastermind
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2021, 10:15:12 PM »
That's really nice to hear Mark, thank you. Very glad to have provided a little inspiration and motivation.
Not sure if it's any consolation but my collection has taken me a very long time to build up I paint slowly and am easily distracted. And TBF it's my regular opponent who really has *all the toys* - he's a painting machine.
Sounds like you have the core of a good force - though for 8th edition (I'm afraid) you'll want some of those foot units to be a bit bigger. If you play earlier versions they're just fine.
Have you got an opponent lined up, or are you planning to do both sides?

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2021, 08:08:50 PM »
To be perfectly honest.
I'd not actually give the unit size or even rule set much thought .Ive several fantasy rule sets gathering dust. Although WHFB stops at the third edition.
I've spent much of my time on smaller skirmish style games.As my spare time is a rare commodity. I started with building a Castle first for pulp game's. Then realized I'd could add a couple more detail sections to the castle set and would double up as Frostgrave scenery. Then I figured if I was going to use it for fantasy. I might as well pick up the brush and finish my long neglected Dwarves.
It occurred to me that they could do with allied cavalry. So.. I butterflied into Emipre. Now I'm at the point I've not sure which force it the allied force. Because the main artillery units ( crossbows , muskets, and cannon.) Are Marauder empire styled dwarves.
The Empire bit bag will bring me roughly up to 40 cav. 20 great swords, 20 foot with spears , 15 halberds, 10 archers,10-15 sword shield, two foot hero's( conversions of other sculpt of mine.), steam tank, war altar, five chaps on gliders( need to scult some new weapons and hands for them),Marauder ogre Captain with Human bard on one base.and a Marauder giant.
That's before I open the draw with the Harflings in ( some where between 50-100) and towns folk to make a militia unit.
Or the other dwarf draw. Not to mention the 160 × metal high elves .
Unlike your cracking collect it's remained unpainted and in the lead pile. Rather than gracing a table.
I wasn't blowing smoke. Your collection and games do motivate me to grind forward and achive something useful.
As for opponent's Ive a club (pre covid ) lest than a minute across the road from me. But they're 40years into collecting 15mm. Table space 28mm is a bit of an after thought let alone fantasy.
There's plenty of clubs around here. Unfortunately they all suffer from an insular paranoia.

Offline Mallo

• Librarian
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2021, 06:06:08 PM »
Great photos as usual.

I always feel the call to get back to painting my own units when I see an update in here!

Offline TWD

• Mastermind
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2021, 09:28:29 PM »
Unlike your cracking collect it's remained unpainted and in the lead pile. Rather than gracing a table.
I wasn't blowing smoke. Your collection and games do motivate me to grind forward and achive something useful.
As for opponent's Ive a club (pre covid ) lest than a minute across the road from me. But they're 40years into collecting 15mm. Table space 28mm is a bit of an after thought let alone fantasy.
There's plenty of clubs around here. Unfortunately they all suffer from an insular paranoia.
That all sounds familiar - I have plenty more in my collection "marinating" in the lead pile until I'm ready to apply pigment :)
So, just realised looking at your other threads that you must be part of First Corps - so your East Yorkshire location is near Goole?
I'm originally from that neck of the woods - my sister  lives in Gilberdyke - there's an opportunity for a game if this Covid stuff ever stops and I go back for a visit :)

Offline TWD

• Mastermind
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2021, 09:29:24 PM »
Great photos as usual.

I always feel the call to get back to painting my own units when I see an update in here!

Thank you - glad to provide a little inspiration

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2021, 11:37:01 AM »
Lovely stuff. Takes me back to when I played Warhammer 7th.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2021, 12:05:19 PM »

Well, you know what they say ... if you want to tempt people into a new genre, take two armies ready to play and ask someone to choose which one they want to command for a not-too-serious fun game. Someone's bound to be tempted to nibble, and of course the spectators will get drawn in if it looks entertaining.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline TWD

• Mastermind
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2021, 01:02:30 PM »
The Big Lads try to tackle some Tree Huggers.

More pictures and words on the blog:
https://tomstoysoldiers.blogspot.com/2021/07/warhammer-8th-edition-ogres-against.html

Offline TWD

• Mastermind
Re: TWD's Properhammer Adventures - Ogres and Wood Elves 25 July
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2021, 07:30:54 PM »

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: TWD's Properhammer Adventures - Orcs and Wood Elves 27 July
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2021, 02:34:49 PM »
Sorry for the delay in replying .Its been a comedy of errors everytime I've sat down to reply.

At the risk of sounding a little picky. I'm not part of 1st Corps. Thats purely Simon and Mick. I've done a lot of work for Simon and Mick over the year's. They're good people so I'll keep on doing stuff for them when ever they ask.. But I'm Freelance. I work for multiple companies with a good sprinkle of private commissions to boot, (I've even done a couple of one off's for Wargames Illustrated.)
 All mixed in with Museum pieces and good chunk of Fostering just to make life interesting.
With the last little sideline often filling up our time.( we did a 24hr respite a fortnight back which has merrily left us with Chickenpox in the house.) So If I'm being honest with life as it is at the moment. I doubt very much I'll be gaming with other's at all this year. I went down to Nottingham a little over a week ago with two other clay pushers, and between all of us we've been pinged eleven times. So The Mrs has put her foot down.

However your offer is greatly appreciated. Hopefully at some point I'll be able to host a game. I'm a lttle further from Simon and Mick than Goole. I'm in Hull.

The more I root through my Warhammer lead pile the more tempted I become to sculpt some Empire proxy figures especially some Armoured foot with pistols. Then a few mounted versions.
Just out of curiosity how large has your warhammer/fantasy collection become?

Offline TWD

• Mastermind
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2021, 08:28:45 PM »
Took the Daemons for a spin - against some frisky High Elves

https://tomstoysoldiers.blogspot.com/2021/08/warhammer-8th-edition-daemons-v-high.html

Offline TWD

• Mastermind
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2021, 07:14:41 PM »
A month has passed since I last played Warhammer.
So a big old three player T&T all chaos game was called for

Details here:
https://tomstoysoldiers.blogspot.com/2021/08/warhammer-triumph-and-treachery-all.html

Offline TWD

• Mastermind