Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:35:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691156
  • Total Topics: 118377
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Darkson Designs announce new General Manager  (Read 2290 times)

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Darkson Designs announce new General Manager
« on: June 12, 2009, 04:34:04 PM »
Darkson Designs and R&K Productions are proud to announce the appointment of Matthew Hope as the new General Manager of Darkson Designs. Matt is the developer and lead designer of Darkson's flagship AE-WWII Weird War skirmish rules. He now takes over the management and day-to-day and his primary task will be to focus on the companies release schedule and begin to get product released on a reliable schedule. Matt comes on board as a full-time Darkson employee now and his current focus is on the company and the firm's productions schedule.

"We've know that as a company we've not met our customers and distributors expectations regarding our release schedule," said Matt. "We've missed deadlines and our primary focus now is to solve the problems with releases that we've had in the past and make sure that our fans and retail partners get the products they want."

To this end, the company has updated their release schedule for the rest of 2009.

June
- MoAA British Greenman
- MoAA British Druid
- SS Werewolf
- German Greatcoat Officer

July
- Single-Part American GI’s

August
- ROA Child of the Prophet
- ROA Beast of the Apocalypse
- ROA Spawn of the Apocalypse

September
- OORD Skin Walker
- MoAA Golem

October
- German Heavy Weapon Team MG42
- German Heavy Weapon Team Panzerschreck
- German Heavy Weapon Team Granatenwerfer 36 Mortar
- German Heavy Weapon Team Flamethrower 35

November
- Soviet Psi Cannon
- Soviet Psi Commandos
- Soviet Anti-Tank Dogs

December
- ROA Follower of the Prophet
- OORD Homunculus

"We're confident that this new schedule not only is achievable," Matt explains, "but also that it fits the company and the resources in a way that is more realistic." "There is," he adds, "no way that the company wants to repeat its past errors with scheduling. We want to make sure that the schedules we post are realistic and attainable."

Work is still underway on the Occult Expansion for the AE-WWII core rules. This new book will bring several new factions to the AE-WWII universe, including the ROA and the SS, and will also include rules for magic and the first appearance of tank rules.

"There have been a lot of issues with the Occult Expansion," Matt says, "but we have finally managed to overcome them all and we're in the final stretch with the end in sight."

The Occult Expansion is expected to be available at Gen Con Indy 2009 and will be in retail outlets soon after.

This release schedule can also be found online at:
http://darksondesigns.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1940

R&K Productions
http://www.r-kproductions.com/

Darkson Designs
http://www.darksondesigns.com/
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:51:47 PM by pixelgeek »

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
Re: Darkson Designs announce new General Manager
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 12:34:20 AM »
I was under the impession the occult expansion was done, and that they were just waiting for it to come back from the printers...

but good for Matt, he's been nothing but a nice guy in my correspondance with him, and if stuff starts getting released on a regular basis then that can only be a good thing  ;D

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 12:36:03 AM »
I was under the impession the occult expansion was done, and that they were just waiting for it to come back from the printers...

I am lead to understand that the files and/or computer that it was one were "borked" prior to printing and the entire book had to be redone from scratch which has lead to the delay.

Offline Malkcntent

• Assistant
    • Darkson Designs
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 10:37:35 PM »
Thanks for the kind words myincubliss.

The original design/layout person we had didn't quite get us where we want to be with the Occult Expansion, not to mention the computer issues Zac brought up.  We're definitely on track now and it's looking exactly the way we were hoping.  It will be worth the wait!
The night sky over the planet Krikkit is the least interesting sight in the universe.

Offline DFlynSqrl

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 01:55:47 AM »
Hey Matthew, good to see you on here.  Congrats.

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 09:10:07 AM »
If there was an issue with files being lost you could have just emailed me, I still have a copy on my old desktop computer... (too late now I guess... does that mean things might need proofreading again?)