Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:30:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Objective markers for pulp  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Charles92027

• Bookworm
Objective markers for pulp
« on: March 12, 2019, 06:59:05 PM »
I have Bob Murch’s significant clues, but I’m looking for other suitable “items” or objective markers, like bundles of dynamite, treasure chests, etc... preferably in metal.

Offline MalcyBogaten

• Mad Scientist
Re: Objective markers for pulp
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 08:51:40 AM »
If you have a spares box? Try making some yourself.

Treasure chests are a bit more tricky. But groups of barrels, buckets and odds and sods can be made up.

Here are some pics of what I did for very little money.

These were made from a cheap calculator that I took apart and used the buttons upside down as treasure crates. With acrylic necklace beads for the jewels. Approximate cost £1 for the Calculator and £1 for the beads. Of which I have many left over.

This was made from Dominoes, Hairy string some plastic spares and PVA glue. Not a lot of cash at all.

Of course tents can be made or purchased as well.

There are more bits on my Blog. But you will have to dig through the posts.  :)

https://malcybogaten.blogspot.com/2020/

Offline colgar6

• Assistant
    • Colgar6 and the Infinite Legion of Toy Soldiers
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 10:17:45 AM »
I've described a number of my own plot point markers here (and in linked articles): https://colgar6.blogspot.com/2017/05/plotting-away.html .

These are all home-made and mostly very simple, such as the giant footprint created by pressing a toy dinosaur into modelling putty:

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 02:43:40 PM »
Some nice examples there. The foot print is very cool, defintely going to nick that idea.

My stash of objectives/plot points/whatever:

Mix of commercial, homegrown, and somewhere in between. Most generic, but a few have been tailored for a specific item (black demon headed frog is from Strange Aeons rules/book. It’s a 25mm demon head slapped on a metal frog charm.)

Offline Charles92027

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 03:18:21 PM »
These are excellent ideas. I’m especially digging that foot print.

Offline MalcyBogaten

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 04:35:09 PM »
These are excellent ideas. I’m especially digging that foot print.

Yes that is inspired brilliance! Considering the massive amount of Dino models I have! I should have thought of that one! lol

Some nice examples there. The foot print is very cool, defintely going to nick that idea.

My stash of objectives/plot points/whatever:

Mix of commercial, homegrown, and somewhere in between. Most generic, but a few have been tailored for a specific item (black demon headed frog is from Strange Aeons rules/book. It’s a 25mm demon head slapped on a metal frog charm.)

Truly Impressive and great set dressing also!  :-*

Are there some Mage Knight minis in there? I forgot they did treasure chests as well as other equipment as well. Hell I even have some myself! Thanks for the reminder. 8) 8)

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 05:16:32 PM »
Thanks... no MK that I am aware of. Lots of bits and pieces from here and there. Sprue bits, extra weapons, small familiars, costume jewelry...

Offline 1000foot

• Bookworm
    • 1000 Foot General
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 06:47:35 PM »
These are all brilliant. The dino foot, the calculator key and the mass amount of beautiful markers from pacarat. I really need to get cracking on replacing the lackluster objective markers I've been using.

Offline MalcyBogaten

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 01:31:32 PM »
These are all brilliant. The dino foot, the calculator key and the mass amount of beautiful markers from pacarat. I really need to get cracking on replacing the lackluster objective markers I've been using.

Yes you never know what you may find in a cheapo piece of Electronics. hee hee.

Thanks... no MK that I am aware of. Lots of bits and pieces from here and there. Sprue bits, extra weapons, small familiars, costume jewelry...

I always look through those very items. Sprues are very useful in their own right. I trim them down to use as pipework as well.