Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:08:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691086
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dark Ages HOTT  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
Dark Ages HOTT
« on: August 02, 2019, 06:30:56 PM »
This past Wednesday my friend Paul Potter came over for some help with a project he is working on, needing some uniform info. After we sorted that out, we had time to get in a game of HOTT, which I always find enjoyable, as I think Paul does as well. I believe his army was a Danish dark ages army (Paul is a master of the dark ages, and his general was a specific person but I don’t recall who). I decided to field a fairly appropriate army – my King Arthur movie Picts.

Here’s Paul making a decisive move early in the game.

A closer view of the battlefield. Paul had primarily Blades and Warband, while I had Warband a Hero and a Behemoth for some hitting power on my side. This picture is taken form my side and you can see my Hero (Guinevere) and my Behemoth on the right end of my flank.

Well into the game, and I have moved one of my Riders and Guinevere to the enemy left flank. I cannot recall exactly, but in looking at this picture I wonder now if I may have violated the rule of hitting his element in the flank???? That being, my Rider would have needed to be fully on his flank before he would be attack. it If I did, then shame on me!!!

The end of it all. I had defeated 12 points of elements, plus his general, by rolling up his left flank with my Rider, Hero and Behemoth. But still feel I may have won erroneously. True it may still have turned out this way, but an erroneous victory is no victory at all!  The fact that Paul seemed to roll an abundance of one’s at critical times didn’t help him either.

Regardless, I really enjoyed Paul’s company and the game, and look forward to the next time!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." - Richard Adams

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
Re: Dark Ages HOTT
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 08:11:16 PM »
Looks like a great game, and I know you two are wealthy in great looking armies!

I just had Paul paint some figures for me, Carolingians and Normans just arrived, need to get cracking on basing them up.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Dark Ages HOTT
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 01:17:48 AM »
Lovely looking game.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Barry S