Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:05:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689479
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Resources in 15mm  (Read 1208 times)

Offline destofante

• Student
Resources in 15mm
« on: April 08, 2019, 11:04:07 AM »
I recently bought a copy of Bob Giglio's "Dunsterforce Adventures in 1918", along with a copy of "Setting the East Ablaze". I have been on the fence  in regard of the period for some time, but I don't think I can resist any longer... :-)

My immediate challenge is in regard of scale: I already have a fairly significant collection of colonial and WWI miniatures in 15mm, and I would hope to develop this project as incremental to the existing lots, rather than starting from scratch in a different scale. Furthermore, I have limited room for storage and gaming, so I need to be careful. My first step is taking stock of what is available on the market. I am surveying available miniatures in the ranges by Peter Pig, Irregular, Minifigs, Khurasan, Lancashire, QRF. Since my immediate interest seems to be the Caucasus and the 'Stans (the Third Afghan War of 1919 is another subject of interest) , I am particularly interest in all figures wearing headgear that would suit the region and the time.

Before I go too far ahead in reinventing the wheel, though: has anybody else completed such a survey before? If not, I will collect my notes and share on my (long dormant) blog. Suggestions about what to include will be very welcome!

Offline sukhe_bator

• Mastermind
  • bad hair day
Re: Resources in 15mm
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 11:30:28 AM »
Not so much a survey but if you check out my posts and contributions to BoB in 15mm you'll see how I've Macgyvered and converted figures to my own requirements over the years...
Back of beyond in 15mm
15mm armoured train
The Wild East - photos of old kalgan
[Mallmiss] Dushak and Kaakha
Happy to help a fellow 15er
Warriors dreams, summer grasses, all that remains

Offline Deflatermouse

• Librarian
Re: Resources in 15mm
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 11:34:32 AM »
The 1919 Afghans regulars, I thought were very closely dressed as the WWI Turkish.
I find Minifigs have a lot of the figures I need for Dunsterforce.