Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:37:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Diablo Project update: Updated hero 8/17  (Read 25142 times)

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
Re: 15mm Diablo Project update: The Doors (not the band) 8/5
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2022, 07:23:11 AM »
Such a considerable dungeon you’ve built  :o

As per all the items, my train of thought is that dungeons are structures that once were on the surface or part of buildings that were, thus they contain all kinds of trinkets (that subsequent parties of adventurers scatter all around the place).

The other explanation is goblins. Cheeky little buggers that take things from the surface world to underground dwellings because the like the glow.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
Re: 15mm Diablo Project update: The Doors (not the band) 8/5
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2022, 08:28:24 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, Reed. Mostly I was looking fun at how insanely loaded down with treasure dungeons and crypts are in the Diablo World. The irony is that even though the demonic blight semi-recently started in the games, the long-abandoned (and maybe even enemy-free) dungeons were full of treasure while the peasants toil away in small towns like Tristram. They just had to go down and kick open a few boxes to live like kings! lol

I've been working on updating my four heroes for this project. The figures are all 3d prints, and the originals (on the right) were all free files from Thingiverse. The updated figures were designed on Hero Forge, and then the final scaling down was accomplished on TinkerCad.

Brother Glaur:

Enwyn the Amazon:

The Hero Forge figures scale pretty well at 15mm. The basic formula was to create the figure using the shortest settings and then go about the normal creation process. I then imported them into TinkerCad to further scale down before exporting the STL file back into a slicer (Ultimaker Cura) for adding support and final prep work for printing. They look like 15mm "heroic" proportioned figures, which suits me perfectly.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Diablo Project update: Updated heroes 8/11
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2022, 08:57:19 PM »
I should really look into doing that myself for figures.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2022, 09:14:28 PM »
I should really look into doing that myself for figures.

The HeroForge thing? PM me. I don't want to get too off-topic here, but I've got some thoughts on that if you are interested.

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2022, 07:21:15 AM »
Looks like they scaled down well.

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2022, 12:12:38 PM »
What a cool project. :) I almost couldn't tell that 3d printing was involved (which is a good thing in my book).

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2022, 05:23:56 AM »
Those came out well. 

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2022, 07:16:55 PM »
Draconio Rust, re-imagined:

Rather than just his rusty shield, I went with full body rust... and sword. He isn't entitled to any upkeep until he proves his mettle. The longer it takes, the harder the task, and perhaps the more impressive. Anyone can defeat a demon with a sharp sword and well-cared-for armor. Can you do it when the weapon is dull, the hinges on your armor require extra effort to force them to move, and the plate is wearing thin? It is the only way to clean the stain on his honor, so he has little choice in the matter.

I also had the luxury of upgrading the cape. A brutal man like Draconio needs brutal garb. The bear pelt was "earned" on his seventh birthday. After the adults of his village pissed off a bear, they push the young into the middle of a ring of spears to face it. Sink or swim time, little warriors. The choice is there to leave the circle, but it ensures that the male child will be turned into a eunuch and assigned to kitchen and washing duties. Most children understand that they will kill or be killed, and they do not shirk away from the course of nature (as they view it). Even at this early age, they understand the importance of family honor and an unwavering commitment to the survival of the fittest.

I wish there had been the option to pick a closed-face, horned helm such as the original one, but this also works for me. It has a certain simplicity of purpose to it that Draconio's people would appreciate.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Diablo Project update: Updated hero 8/17
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2022, 12:27:39 PM »
Awesome minis!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Diablo Project update: Updated hero 8/17
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2022, 03:47:33 PM »
Thanks, Ock! This is the last of my heroic band of demon hunters; Starla. As always, new on the left, original on the right.

The sword down at this angle does help improve printability as only the guard needed any support when printing.

I changed the cape color because I don't like painting whites if I can help it. That is a "recipe" that I've not cracked the code on just yet.

I tried my best to retain the pose of the original, but without the helm in hand. That really isn't an option in Hero Forge at this time. Getting the hand posed on the him took a bit of fiddling, but this pose is not one that is a canned option, so both the sword arm ad the hand on hip required some manipulation to make the pose look natural.

Overall, I think this was the most drastic improvement for a character.

The fearless band together:

So, next up I have some townsfolk to paint up, but I don't really need them for a game at this time. Really, what I need to spend some time on is getting familiar with the Night Watch rules. I've already made character sheets for the heroes, so it is just a matter of chucking some terrain on the table and muddling through a game.