Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:41:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Some 1/72 armor. Works in progress  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Schriv

• Librarian
Some 1/72 armor. Works in progress
« on: May 24, 2019, 07:00:57 PM »
It's been a while since I posted anything.
Most of my hobby time for the last 2 years has been dedicated to rebuilding/repairing and refitting my RC warship fleet that came out of storage after 20 (or more) years of being left in a storage building.

But I'm taking a break from rebuilding my RC ships to do a little 1/72 scale modeling/gaming.
I just finished airbrushing the camo and still have to do all of the tracks and details before they can get into action.
These will be used with the Team Yankee or more likely the Tanks modern era rules sets.
Both those games are set in the 1985-90 time frame.
MERDC camo was still very much in use and 3 color NATO was just really coming into use.
The kits are mostly a mix of the old ESCI, AMT and Revell offerings.

These are some USMC M60A1 tanks with ERA. Circa 1988. Still wearing the Summer MERDC paint scheme that was common to some Marine units at the time. I want them to stand out from my US Army units.
The active ERA blocks were considered a munition and not fitted until readying for the tank for combat. They were Forest Green and normally wouldn't be camouflaged painted unless there was lots of time available to do it.

These are US Army M60A1's and a lone M60A3.
They are wearing the Winter MERDC scheme that was common in Europe and some units in the  US.

An M1IP, an M1 Abrams and an M2 Bradley.  The M1IP has a scratchbuilt APU hanging off the rear fender. Primarily as a visual reference when two IP's are on the table at the same time.
All three are done in a matching Winter MERDC scheme to keep the whole unit uniform. Few M1's and M2's ever wore this and most were solid Forest Green when delivered and deployed.

Some minor combatants. An M551 Sheridan, M163 VADS and two M901 Improved Tow vehicles.
There is also a spare M60 turret in case I want to backdate one of the M60A1's to make telling them apart easier.

There will eventually be additional USMC specific vehicles added and another M1 Abrams unit in Forest Green and NATO camo at some point.
I have all the model kits, just not enough time to build them. My job interferes with my hobbies!  :D
Proud member of that peculiar subspecies of humanity known as U.S. Marines.

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
Re: Some 1/72 armor. Works in progress
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 07:22:46 PM »
Very nice, camo looks good.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Some 1/72 armor. Works in progress
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 07:56:35 PM »
Nice work.