Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:34:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686501
  • Total Topics: 118104
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Corto Maltese film?  (Read 2878 times)

Offline Von Stroheim

• Scientist
Corto Maltese film?
« on: April 17, 2019, 01:59:17 PM »
Apparently there is a Corto Maltese film in the works according to IMDB.  Based on Corto Maltese in Siberia with the actor who played Prince Albert in Victoria as the lead.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8694596/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

At least they have a poster .  There was another Canadian production with Viggo Mortensen attached that never got off the ground.  wonder who they will get to play the 'Bloody Baron'?

Offline Mike Blake

• Scientist
  • Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale
Re: Corto Maltese film?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 02:52:27 PM »
xcellent news
Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 05:45:44 PM »
And Mila Jovavich!!!!!
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 12:00:26 PM »
James Thierrée as Rasputin.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 04:37:14 PM »
Sounds interesting.
On You tube I watched some cartoons of his adventures.
They were still shots of color drawings with voice overs.
Also some moving parts,
over all well done.
Pretty cool.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 04:44:57 PM by Marine0846 »
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 03:40:19 PM »
i'm bit sceptical about a moovie...while the drawings, plates and historical/iconographical introductions of those comics were quite interesting..(really not beautiful as they seem to have been drawed by 5 year's child) at least as uniform reference in days in which we did'nt have many sources...on the other hand  the stories behind told by those comics by Mr Pratt  were the most boring, meaningless that could be find on the Italian rich comics production..too much stupid for adult readers , meaningless and complicated to  youngster readers...Dankalian, Masai or Mongols bandits talked like  unintelligible intellectuals while Colonial European officers, Zarist lords and the very  boring supposed to be Navy Officer Corto himself were all afraid to be on the scene, comb their hair with jelly   and acted and talk like 1930's west side waiters...
well i hope but did'nt espect to see a film, without drawings but with real actors  based on those same characters created by Hugo Pratt  , today in  the age of politically correct and watered down brains, to be less boring than the comics albums
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 03:42:05 PM by italwars »

Offline Von Stroheim

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 12:17:59 AM »
Not a fan then?

Offline Mark Plant

• Mad Scientist
    • Pygmy Wars : Russian Civil War and Related Stuff
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 01:36:42 AM »
Not a fan then?

Hating a thing doesn't mean you aren't a fan. Witness any number of Star Wars fans -- who tend to be the most spiteful in their criticism.

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/star-wars/54386/star-wars-a-brief-history-of-fan-anger-and-frustration

Offline bergschotten

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 08:34:49 AM »
In defence of Hugo: I find Pratt’s graphics/style is most inspiring, a friend, a French Comic artist, knowing my interests introduced me to Corto years ago I have since laboriously worked my way through the French Language versions-as there was limited (I believe three in total and only one I could afford) English translation’s available at the time-they are all I think now available in English.

Though I am not sure about a movie

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 11:39:54 AM »
Mark Plant ..from your link that has nothing to do with that topic (even if Star Wars is equally childish and boring) it appear that it’s You and not me that  suffer from frustration...I underline and enjoy very much to point you that I m totally free to comment on Hugo Pratt work which is, for me, absolutely boring and poorly executed as comic artist ..I m sorry for your lack of relax and for you having hard time keeping down different judgments
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 01:19:49 PM by italwars »

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 11:06:16 PM »
Right chaps, your friendly neighbourhood moderator here. Can we stick to the subject and lay off the wind-ups please. Thanks.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 08:14:06 PM »
Hope this gets off the ground.  Could be done like Indiana Jones.  Always enjoyed the graphic novels.

Offline bergschotten

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 07:05:05 AM »
Hope this gets off the ground.  Could be done like Indiana Jones.  Always enjoyed the graphic novels.

Me too, but it's a question of budget and ambition and the ability to ampify the stories in a way that will appeal to more the fans-look at the missed opportunity that was the league of extraordinary gentlemen movie.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2019, 08:43:19 PM »
And the Tin Tin movie was a missed opportunity as well. 

Offline Nogbad

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2019, 03:12:45 AM »
(I thought the Tintin film was actually rather good and doesn't deserve the criticism it gets).
As for a Corto Maltese film, I can see how the bare bones of the story might appeal, ditto those armoured trains, but they certainly have their work cutting out expanding it into a feature film. Not exactly much in the way of a riveting plot tho I liked the illustrations.