Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:24:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: CMON Bloodborne KS is go  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
CMON Bloodborne KS is go
« on: April 25, 2019, 03:03:24 AM »
Who else is on board here?  :-*

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/bloodborne-the-board-game

I think I made this KS happen by putting it out in the universe, Amy Schumer style.  :D I've been collecting figures and terrain for a homebrew game heavily inspired by Bloodborne. I've been analyzing screen shots to replicate that precise look and feel in my terrain and figures.

I also backed Rising Sun and Hate, both of which exceeded my high expectations. So, this one is pretty much a no-brainer for me. I am overwhelmingly positive, but, in fairness, there are two things that aren't ideal for me. One, the renders don't look like they are a match for the quality of the HATE figures, which I think were sculpted in the old fashioned way. This is pretty minor, though. I trust they will compare favorably with most things out there. I guess these may fall somewhere between the fine-grain awesome detail of HATE and the abstracted smoothness of the hard ABS contenders such as Wyrd and GW. The second thing is the FAQ claims, "Hunters are around 28 mm to the eye level." I know there are many 28mm aficionados here to whom this may come as welcome news. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a 25mm guy for fantasy, mostly, and 28mm for historical. But I also have several thousand 32mm figures, and have them because they scratch my itch for something more grimdark. Reaper, Kickstarter boardgames (HATE, Rising Sun, Deep Madness, etc), Malifaux, Dark Age, AoS... all 32-35mm. I see many comments in the KS, though, that are claiming these very figures I listed are 28mm, though, even though I measured them today and they clearly aren't. Hope the guy writing the FAQ was similarly confused.  o_o Anyway, even if the hunters aren't going to be invited to games outside this board game, or are going to represent wee men and women, there are so many cool monsters here. Even if you were to paint one of each monster type and give the rest of the box away, would be a good deal.

The other thing I wish for is someone to make a printed game mat that is a perfect match for the Bloodborne streets. Dark, wet, crooked, straight out of the game. I was wondering if the game assets could be broken out and used for such a thing as a custom one-off. I've even thought about a separate kickstarter for something like this, but using original art. The options we have today are poor at best, IMO. And most of them seem to use the same texture found on the internet, that doesn't seem to represent any historical setts/cobbstones pavement.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
Re: CMON Bloodborne KS is go
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 07:04:12 AM »
Went all in !

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 12:17:08 PM »
CMON's shipping rates increased dramatically. For shipping a base game for Massive Darkness or Rise of Smog, I paid $25 to California. Now, it's $43 for a BB base game.

Going to skip Trudvang, and was looking forward to Zombicide: Living Dead. Might wait for retail on sale for that one...!  :-I
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 12:21:59 PM »
For me in the Netherlands it's quite good...€45 for shipping all-in. I can live with that. Now I only need to save up $300 before August 2 to get it all :D
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 02:38:25 AM »
Went all in !

Me too!  :D

CMON's shipping rates increased dramatically. For shipping a base game for Massive Darkness or Rise of Smog, I paid $25 to California. Now, it's $43 for a BB base game.

Going to skip Trudvang, and was looking forward to Zombicide: Living Dead. Might wait for retail on sale for that one...!  :-I

I heard this was coming with the new tariffs. They had said $10-15 for the base game in the FAQ, and just checked out and it was $66 for all in, and, as you say, $43 for the base game.    :-I