Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:42:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] 3D Printable Cyberpunk Street Cars  (Read 1835 times)

Offline tabletop

• Librarian
    • http://www.tabletop-terrain.com
[COMMERCIAL] 3D Printable Cyberpunk Street Cars
« on: April 25, 2019, 07:48:00 PM »
Hi, I've just released a moderately priced set of 3D printable 28mm sci-fi cars that are designed to be used as scatter terrain for Sci-Fi wargames. They all have detailed underbodies as well, so can be flipped onto their sides, or rolled over.

They're available on DriveThruRPG for a modest price: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/13766/Tabletop-Terrain

I also have a 3D printable Garbage Truck which would fit right onto a post-apocalyptic table.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:13:18 PM by tabletop »
Tabletop Terrain Gaming in 28 and 15mm!

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Re: [COMMERCIAL] 3D Printable Cyberpunk Street Cars
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 12:50:00 AM »
Nice. I need some c-punk vehicles too. You sell the finished/printed product too, or just the files?

Offline tabletop

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 01:31:00 AM »
Just the files currently. Although I'm working with a local caster to try and get a single piece resin version to market this year.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 03:39:19 PM »
I would be in for some resin models as well. I don't have a 3d printer, but that seems to becoming a bigger and bigger obstacle to obtaining some really cool terrain.

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 03:57:20 PM »
Love your stuff. I've been admiring your various 6-wheelers for some time. No printer though so I'm looking forward to that deal with a caster!
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline tabletop

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 08:05:17 PM »
@clanmac I have to say looking at the stellar conversion work you're doing on your Facebook page that you would absolutely benefit from owning a 3D printer. I've only had a 3D printer in my toolkit for just over a year and it has become the source of probably 80% of my wargaming terrain (I still buy the odd laser-cut building kit). They're even more useful if you're willing to teach yourself a CAD tool like Autodesk Fusion 360 (which is free for hobbyists), or Blender.

To be honest I think any wargamer that builds their own terrain would find a 3D printer an invaluable tool. I'm also convinced the market will move more and more towards this technology in the future - particularly as FDM (for terrain) and SLA (resin for figures and high detail small parts) become cheaper.

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 08:55:44 AM »
@clanmac I have to say looking at the stellar conversion work you're doing on your Facebook page that you would absolutely benefit from owning a 3D printer. I've only had a 3D printer in my toolkit for just over a year and it has become the source of probably 80% of my wargaming terrain (I still buy the odd laser-cut building kit). They're even more useful if you're willing to teach yourself a CAD tool like Autodesk Fusion 360 (which is free for hobbyists), or Blender.

To be honest I think any wargamer that builds their own terrain would find a 3D printer an invaluable tool. I'm also convinced the market will move more and more towards this technology in the future - particularly as FDM (for terrain) and SLA (resin for figures and high detail small parts) become cheaper.

Yeah, I kinda know this, but I'm rubbish at taking the big spending leaps. Haven't even got an airbrush, even though I've probably used an airbrush's worth of spray cans in cost terms. Any printer you would particularly recommend for vehicles?

Offline tabletop

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 04:26:16 AM »
Any decent FDM printer can do 28mm vehicles pretty easily. I test print all the stuff I shill on a pair of Creality Ender 3's. That's a pretty cheap FDM printer that gives good results for the price. It can also to 15mm (Historic) and 6mm stuff (like Battletech Mechs) if you're willing to change the stock 0.4mm nozzle to a smaller 0.2mm nozzle (which also ups your print time of course). The Ender 3 I also happily use for terrain, mainly from folks like The Dragon's Rest.

I hear you on the airbrush. I've got the parts of an airbrush but never got my act together enough to find all the hose + fittings I need. I kinda like hand painting even terrain because I find it relaxing and it's meant to be a hobby right!

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 11:19:01 PM »
These are great!

I really like your painting btw - your scenic pop so nicely! I'm jealous of folks who can use colour like that.

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 11:27:41 PM »
Any decent FDM printer can do 28mm vehicles pretty easily. I test print all the stuff I shill on a pair of Creality Ender 3's. That's a pretty cheap FDM printer that gives good results for the price. It can also to 15mm (Historic) and 6mm stuff (like Battletech Mechs) if you're willing to change the stock 0.4mm nozzle to a smaller 0.2mm nozzle (which also ups your print time of course). The Ender 3 I also happily use for terrain, mainly from folks like The Dragon's Rest.

I hear you on the airbrush. I've got the parts of an airbrush but never got my act together enough to find all the hose + fittings I need. I kinda like hand painting even terrain because I find it relaxing and it's meant to be a hobby right!

Thanks Tabletop - missed this reply initially (so thanks also to Jagannath for putting it back on top of the pile). Ender 3 looks surprisingly affordable too. Might just have to take the plunge.