Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:05:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Indo-Pak war 1965  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Andy Tee

• Assistant
Re: Indo-Pak war 1965
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 05:43:00 PM »
I got hold of some Valiant minis 20mm British & Americans so have gone to work. 1 squad each built so far.

Indians are straight forward just standard Tommies, although I have a box of HaT WW1 Indians on the way to add some turbans (head sizes permitting). The only interesting part was the addition of a Bazooka from the American box.

The Pakistanis were a bit more challenging. Head swaps all round and the same Bazooka conversion as the Indians. My conversion fu is limited though so in order to give the impression that they’re carrying Garands, I’ve tried to carve off the distinctive magazine of the Lee-Enfields & swapped out the rifle barrels from the forward hand.

I’m pretty pleased with the results tbh. Apologies for the fuzzy phone camera pictures though.

Andy

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 11:02:43 PM »
Not bad.  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Andy Tee

• Assistant
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2019, 12:32:54 PM »
Hmmm, I don’t think head sizes are permitting at all.

Does this look absurd? His wee malteser heid?

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 01:49:22 PM »
It’s a dread disease microcephaly but I’m not sure that Zika was widespread on the subcontinent.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Andy Tee

• Assistant
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2019, 02:12:09 PM »
It’s a dread disease microcephaly but I’m not sure that Zika was widespread on the subcontinent.

lol

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2019, 03:47:38 PM »
Of all the 20mm you can choose you chose Valliant  :( ....and those tower over any other 20mm manufacturer.

RH Models has a lot of useful stuff you can use, but is a bit iffy to get hold of.
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline Andy Tee

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2019, 02:25:39 PM »
I guess so Gunbird. I read a few reviews which suggested that Valiant were closer in proportion to metal 20mm figures. Since I thought I’d have to pad out my forces with metals anyway, it seemed like the logical way to go. But it looks like it will severely limit my options to use parts from other plastic manufacturers.

Anyway, from 2 boxes of Valiant ‘Tommies’ & 1 of GIs at least I’ve managed to squeeze out more than 80 useful figures. Here are most of them including Vickers MMGs for each side, 3 x 2” mortars for the Pakistanis, & 2 x 60mm mortars for the Indians.

Offline Andy Tee

• Assistant
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2019, 12:55:36 AM »
First colour tests complete. Indians in jungle green, Pakistanis in khaki.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2019, 07:53:50 PM »
For starting a whole new period I think Valiant is a good choice as there are loads of weapon options in the box
Looking forward to seeing your progress