Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:41:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Beepus and "Friends" Venture into Frostgrave.  (Read 4589 times)

Offline arget8

• Scientist
Beepus and "Friends" Venture into Frostgrave.
« on: April 27, 2019, 11:27:50 PM »
My first Frostgrave minis. Beepus the Necromancer, his little brother and apprentice Peepus, and their most trusted member of the warband, the zombie formerly known as Greg.

Unfortunately, the black doesn't photograph well, but it has a bit of purple mixed in to bring definition without losing the deep/dark hue. Normally I'd go with blue mixed in, but I thought that purple would be better with the red and white.

All minis are from the Wizard and Cultist plastic sets with their cowls added with procreate to blend the shoulders. My goal is to make at least two of each type of soldier for my cultist warband and my normal warband.

I'm not sure whether to add snow to the bases as I'd like them useful for Mordheim as well if I ever decide to play that. I am thinking about adding blood effects to the weapons, though, to really give them a nasty look.

In the future, all members of the cult and potential enemies will show up on this thread, all built using the Frostgrave plastics and some of the Oathmark Human Infantry.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 05:51:33 PM by arget8 »

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Cult of Beepus Ventures into Frostgrave
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 11:22:45 AM »
 :o they look great!!!

Offline arget8

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 12:30:07 PM »
Thank you! I’m hoping to have a bunch more done by the end of the week. The cobblestones are the limiting factor. They take forever, but I love the look of the sculpted cobblestones on my bases and would rather do that than use my roller which I’m using for terrain.

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 08:28:17 PM »
Very nice work. Great colour scheme :)

Offline arget8

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 03:49:41 AM »
Thanks! I wanted to do something a little different for a necromancer. Rather than just black, I mean. I thought about doing all white and red, but then I thought that it might look too much like the KKK, haha.

Offline arget8

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 02:36:11 PM »
And my starting warband is finished. Meet Beepus and the gang. The group is a Necromancer (Beepus), Apprentice (Peepus), Captain (Creepus), three thugs (Brad, Chad, and Thad), Stan the Crossbow-Man, and the Zombie formerly known as Greg.

Offline Ragsta

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 05:23:26 PM »
I love these, the colour combo is a good one. Also really like the zombie representing a former member of the group!! The group effect has a gribbly grime to them, thank you for sharing.

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 07:40:56 PM »
Great stuff! My favourite is the thug with the spiked club - he looks very gribbly.

Offline arget8

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 09:21:08 PM »
Thank you both. The club guy is supposed to have a freshly flayed face as a mask, ala Hannibal Lector. I hope it comes across.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 10:10:23 PM »
Saw these on Facebook earlier and gave them a like but wanted to say that they look great!

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 06:05:07 PM »
Those are some great creepy cultists. Thanks for sharing. I like the color scheme as well.

Offline arget8

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 01:52:31 AM »
My brothers, who are not really modelers, asked me to build and paint their warbands. Here are their wizards. One Illusionist, wearing silken robes and pretending to be an elementalist. The other is a witch, soon to be beastcrafter.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2019, 03:30:26 AM »
Greg, every one likes Greg so we decided to keep him around. "Peebus"

Great looking cult! I like them all. Is the Captains head from a different "plastics" range?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline arget8

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2019, 11:04:51 AM »
Thanks. The captain’s head is the full faced helmet from the oathmark human infantry box, with the front chopped off. I then cut off the face from the plastic Chaos sorcerer from games workshop and glued it on, then blended it in with procreate.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2019, 11:07:35 AM »
Cool.