Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:45:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689255
  • Total Topics: 118266
  • Online Today: 605
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] New from TTNZ - Dockside Storehouses and Luffing Crane  (Read 3776 times)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Auckland’s Pearl Harbour but with added gallic insouciance.  :D

I like the stuff you have shown so far. Suggestion for the future: The market is flooded with French town and village buildings, in MDF and other media. The harbour side theme is a good idea but the real gap in terrain is Central European/German buildings. Plenty of Normandy style buildings, plenty of Russian stuff and even a sprinkling of Dutch buildings from Sarissa but sod all for Germany, Czechoslovakia or even Poland save for the odd rural cottage. Plenty of stuff in HO rail models but these are tiny and increasingly expensive.

The odd Central European baroque style structure and a few decent European style half timbered houses would surely find a market given the huge range of conflicts they could be used for. Gap in the market waiting to be filled?
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio năo tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeăo mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline TitanTerrainNZ

• Student
Auckland’s Pearl Harbour but with added gallic insouciance.  :D

I like the stuff you have shown so far. Suggestion for the future: The market is flooded with French town and village buildings, in MDF and other media. The harbour side theme is a good idea but the real gap in terrain is Central European/German buildings. Plenty of Normandy style buildings, plenty of Russian stuff and even a sprinkling of Dutch buildings from Sarissa but sod all for Germany, Czechoslovakia or even Poland save for the odd rural cottage. Plenty of stuff in HO rail models but these are tiny and increasingly expensive.

The odd Central European baroque style structure and a few decent European style half timbered houses would surely find a market given the huge range of conflicts they could be used for. Gap in the market waiting to be filled?

Great suggestions Carlos, I'll definitely consider it. Seems like it would be a really interesting project from a research/design perspective.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Just found your shop page. I'll try to fit some of your products into my budget soon.  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline TitanTerrainNZ

• Student
Re: [COMMERCIAL] New from TTNZ - Dockside Storehouses and Luffing Crane
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2019, 05:16:38 AM »
Second wave of our dockside range is here:

Waterside Storehouse

Fish Market

Luffing Crane

I'll be doing one more release for the dockside range before I move onto doing other things.

Online Johnny Boy

• Scientist
  • The Older I get the better I was.. . . .
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2019, 07:08:18 PM »
I've just received my order of the dockside terrace bundle and must say what excellent service Joe provided with an amazingly quick turnaround from placing to receiving my order. Just got to get them assembled and painted! There goes my weekend!?!! lol

Offline TitanTerrainNZ

• Student
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2019, 04:44:58 AM »
I've just received my order of the dockside terrace bundle and must say what excellent service Joe provided with an amazingly quick turnaround from placing to receiving my order. Just got to get them assembled and painted! There goes my weekend!?!! lol

Thanks for the kind words :-)

Offline TitanTerrainNZ

• Student
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2019, 04:49:39 AM »
I've been busy working on a 15mm range this last couple of weeks. It's a really fun scale to design for - here's some WIP pics:

Western Europe Rural

Railway!

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 02:39:12 PM »
Very nice.

The signal box does look rather "British".

Offline TitanTerrainNZ

• Student
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2019, 05:06:50 AM »
You're probably not wrong. I really struggled to find pictures of continental signals buildings.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2019, 06:52:33 AM »
You're probably not wrong. I really struggled to find pictures of continental signals buildings.

I wouldn't say that it is too far off, at least for older ones. In Germany, signal buildings ("Stellwerk", pl. "Stellwerke") built in the 19th and early 20th century are quite similar, although in some areas (e.g. Central and Southern Germany) rendered walls are more usual than exposed brick or brickshell (more common in the North and Northeast). The roofs tend to be lower and not as steep, though. In the interwar years, following the Reichsbahn grouping, and in the post-war era, newly-built Stellwerke tend to look very utilitarian with flat roofs.

I'd say it is a well-done piece of kit. I'd probably replace the stairs for something less "chunky" (for lack of a better word), but that's a personal preference. The Harbour pieces are very nice, too, especially the dockside warehouses.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2019, 07:35:01 AM »
I wouldn't say that it is too far off, at least for older ones.

Plus British designs got everywhere.

I know the feeling.
Here are some (very expensive) kits.
http://www.buennig-modellbau.de/0%20stellwerk%20wasserturm.html
The plastic kit manufacturers (Faller etc) probably have illustrations.

Model railway sites are useful, as is Slartibartfast's favourite magazine.
https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/forum/134-german-railways/
https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/forum/168-french-railways/

I'd say it is a well-done piece of kit. I'd probably replace the stairs for something less "chunky" (for lack of a better word), but that's a personal preference. The Harbour pieces are very nice, too, especially the dockside warehouses.
I agree they are very nice, the station looks suitably continental.