Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:35:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690632
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord Games Zombies... what happened to them?  (Read 3905 times)

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Re: Warlord Games Zombies... what happened to them?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 09:26:07 AM »
Terminator wasnt theirs either. That was River Horse Games, they were just distributing.

I'm annited because afaik the Modern Military guys were the only multipart plastic moderns on the market.

Anvil Industry do multi part moderns, but they are resin - PMC link. The figures are nice, although the weapons are definitely on the chunky side

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 05:02:01 PM »
You won't get away with using any Anvil Industry models with anything but the largest of 28mm modern miniatures. Even the old Assault Group figures are pushing how large the Games Workshop-esque Anvil Industry proportions. Which is obviously what they're designed to work with.

They're multipart, which is why I see them on occasion being used by modern 28mm gamers, but don't really have an analogue with the rest of the current popular 28mm modern range (i.e. Empress' stuff and others).

With 3D printing the closest I've seen is multi-part pewter figures. I.e. replacement arms and heads attached to a one piece torso/ body combination. I suspect that a multi-part kit costs a good amount to create and produce, compared to single pose sculpts (where if they want variance they just replace the head and sculpt on different gear). Which other than for the extra components in a kit, I wouldn't be too bothered about having plastic kits. I have hundreds of mono pose pewter figures and there's plenty of variety in there because of it.

Still, I could always use a kit for spare bits to make sci-fi figures. :P

Offline MagpieJono

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 06:07:21 PM »
I sent an email to Warlord Customer Service a few days ago asking when the Project Z items would be back in stock and whether they'd been discontinued as per the tinternet rumours.

Yet to get a reply but if I do I'll post an update here.

Offline MagpieJono

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 06:19:05 PM »
Reply from Warlord...

Good Afternoon!

I am afraid yes we have discontinued Project Z, it has been out of production for over a years now.   As of yet I have no news of whether we will do a second edition of the game or continue with releasing the miniatures as separate frames as of yet. 

Offline Psychopomp

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 08:42:02 PM »
Ugh.  I wish I'd snapped up several more weapons frames, then.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2019, 08:55:18 PM »
If you want cheap (ish) zombies, you could do worse than snap up some Walking Dead board games on eBay. They're around £20 per boxed set and you get a bunch of figures with it - some survivors of course but mostly zombies.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2019, 09:47:29 PM »
Studio Miniatures plastic zombies are pretty good.

TWD, Studio Miniatures,  Crooked Dice, Wargames Factory/Warlord, TWD and TWD.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 06:03:32 PM »
+1 for TWD and Studio Minis zombies. Both are very nice.