Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:36:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: "Related Topics" feature only available in some sub-forums?  (Read 811 times)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
It looks like the sometimes useful and often interesting "Related Topics" feature that shows previous posts that (might be/are) releated to the current one is only available on the main General Discussion sub-forum and not on others?

Workshop and Pikes, Muskets & Flouncy Shirts doesn't appear to have it, at least.

It can be a useful tool to find older posts on similar topics, although of course sometimes the automated keyword matching/search function is amusingly random.

Could this be re-enabled on all the forums the way it worked back in the lead-adventure.de version of our community, please?

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: "Related Topics" feature only available in some sub-forums?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 03:05:39 AM »
I wasn't even aware that this was a feature. Though as you said, it sounds like it may be a bit random without being able to tag your posts (and that would be too large an endeavour to do now with the archive). Rather it would do well being kept in say the About Forum section just to save the admins time responding to topics which were already handled. However, being sent off to random threads when reading a blog isn't necessarily a bad thing - if you're willing to lose an afternoon.

...What's being used as keywords? Thread titles I assume? That may be a bit sporadic for certain boards (i.e. Frostgrave - where every other title is fanciful words), but could have use in say the WWII one "yet another late-war Swiss thread" where things are a bit more structured.