Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:42:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Colony 87 - Wave 3  (Read 14719 times)

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Colony 87 finds a new home
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2019, 09:55:12 PM »
The 3rd wave is all looking good and I'll definitely be backing the Kickstarter, but I'm not a big fan of the two blue ladies seemingly being a single sculpt.  I mostly skirmish game and am not a fan of multi-figure bases, even for my NPCs.

They could be attached twins so treated as a single character?
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2019, 03:38:55 PM »

The Colony 87 Kickstarter has been approved, so we will be all ready for lift off tomorrow evening at TUESDAY 6TH AUGUST, 7PM GMT!

So send out the signal far and wide and spread the word - and then come and join us for the fourth crooked Kickstarter. A massive thank you to Jon, Will, Michael A, Michael L, Andrew and Simon in getting us ready to launch.

Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2019, 07:04:03 PM »

The kickstarter is now live!

http://kck.st/2KIy0P1

Colony 87 had grown in power over the decades. It was now the most important centre for trade, industry, science and arts in the sector. Millions flocked to the Colony; the rich and the powerful, the ambitious and the desperate. There was a place for them all, no matter how high-born or lowly.

WHAT'S THE CAMPAIGN?

The aim of this project is to produce NEW 28mm scale sci-fi civilian miniatures for the Colony 87 range for use in RPGs and tabletop wargames. Plus there is an opportunity to pick up the figures in the previous two successful kickstarter campaigns - and some new add-ons. This Kickstarter will enable the figures to be production moulded and cast in white metal.

The figures have been designed with a retro sci-fi aesthetic by fantasy illustrator Will Beck and sculpted by ace figure designers Michael Anderson, Micheal Lovejoy, John Pickford, Andrew May and Ernst Veingart. In addition to a new set of SIX civilians, there are new additional characters, pets and accessories available as Add Ons and Stretch Goals.

Offline Raedwald

• Scientist
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2019, 10:34:19 AM »
Backed!

I love these miniatures, they’re just perfect for so many scenarios.

Thank you Crooked Dice and thanks again legend Jon ‘Axiom’ Boyce for starting it all in the first place.

Anyone looking at these and unsure, I urge you to search for Axiom’s (Magpie and Old Lead) or Asslessman’s (Lead Plague) first and second wave paint jobs for a more gritty interpretation of how they can be done.

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2019, 12:09:40 PM »
Well less than 24 hour in and we are unlocking stretch goals like nobody's business!

Offline chickenbane

• Scientist
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2019, 12:38:22 PM »
This is another great looking kickstarter. I backed the first two and defo this one too.I use the priestess as a psyker for my Astra Militarum and the archivist as master of Ordnance. Of course when I get the rest painted up they will all find jobs in my Imperial army!
Paraquat Welcomes Careful Drivers a sort of narrative blog.

Slag Valley Bullett in the grim darkness of the far future, there is a newspaper.

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2019, 06:14:26 PM »
This is another great looking kickstarter. I backed the first two and defo this one too.I use the priestess as a psyker for my Astra Militarum and the archivist as master of Ordnance. Of course when I get the rest painted up they will all find jobs in my Imperial army!

Thank you!

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2019, 06:20:18 PM »

The earlier figs are also great for Rogue Stars, or for people roleplaying the 40K setting no matter what rules they're using.

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2019, 11:50:28 PM »
C87 KS ++ NEW HOVER CARS ADD ON ++

So we have broken through 10k in under 24 hours! Thanks to all our backers!

So Ludo and her Ant Puppy are unlocked and to mark this milestone, the first of some extra adds on are now available to include in your rewards. So I am delighted to reveal this pair of resin Hover Cars - the perfect vehicle to nip around the colony, or your favourite mega-city.

Designed by Stuart Nicholson of Tabletop Terrain, these wonderful flying cars are already available from them as STL files for home printing, but we have licensed these from Stuart to put resin versions into production. Check out their full range of vehicle kits too - they are fantastic!

To include these in your rewards, just increase your pledge by £30 (don't forget you will make all your final product choices in the pledge manager once the campaign closes).

http://kck.st/2KIy0P1

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2019, 03:30:26 AM »
I put in my pledge today.  I was lucky to have gotten the first to waves of figures a couple years ago, and I'm thrilled that Crooked Dice has taken it over and will keep it going and growing.  Look forward to getting The Third Wave which is a perfect match in terms of the look of the original figures.

Offline wkeyser

• Scientist
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2019, 07:05:44 AM »
I pledged great figures, I have the first two sets but would like more. Are there any chances that you would add individual figures as add ons to the Kickstarter?

Thanks

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2019, 08:26:09 AM »
I pledged great figures, I have the first two sets but would like more. Are there any chances that you would add individual figures as add ons to the Kickstarter?

Thanks

Thanks for backing! I am afraid not. The moulds for these have been inherited from the first two campaigns, so offering singles would be a bit of logistical nightmare for this initial production run and fulfilment. Once they go into retail, I'll decide on the pack configuration but that would be an added expense for new moulds, so will have to have a think to see what's viable.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2019, 10:16:09 AM »
Have been waiting for these, and not disappointed. I can't believe how quickly the stretch goals have fallen

I really should finish painting up the first two waves at some point... o_o

Online AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2019, 11:36:17 AM »
Love the hover cars
 8)

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2019, 12:08:45 PM »
Have been waiting for these, and not disappointed. I can't believe how quickly the stretch goals have fallen

It's caught me out too! I thought that would be loads to get us through two weeks!