Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:00:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: More Polar Stuff - the Terror of the Yeti!  (Read 856 times)

Offline Charles92027

• Bookworm
More Polar Stuff - the Terror of the Yeti!
« on: May 15, 2019, 04:46:18 PM »
I found this Yeti at the local game store. He's a Reaper Bones miniature. I took him on as a dry brush project, because I wanted to expand my skills with that technique. He also inspired me to paint up this team of Northern Adventurers from Pulp Figures.
At first Phurba was my least favorite figure, but when I decided to paint him in the same colors as the Yeti, his back story just wrote itself and he became my favorite character.

Colonel Lawrence Birdseye: watched from the shores of Loch Ness while his wife and child were devoured by the monster. Ever since then he has made it his life's work to rid the world of giant monsters.
Balto: the colonel's faithful husky.
Trapper John Mcintyre: the most successful sasquatch hunter in the Pacific Northwest.
Dante Lebeau: the only man on Earth to taste the buttery sweat flesh of the Wendigo.
Phurba Tashi: on his first expedition as a Sherpa guide, the party was attacked by a Yeti. All were lost but one. Phurba not only lived to tell the tale, but came home wearing a parka made from the beast's fur.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
Re: More Polar Stuff - the Terror of the Yeti!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 06:00:52 PM »

Dante Lebeau: the only man on Earth to taste the buttery sweat flesh of the Wendigo.

I’ll pass on the “sweat” wendigo flesh, thanks.  lol

Nice work nevertheless.

Offline Charles92027

• Bookworm
Re: More Polar Stuff - the Terror of the Yeti!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 06:44:01 PM »
I’ll pass on the “sweat” wendigo flesh, thanks.  lol

lol