Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:38:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Island Rescue.  (Read 1884 times)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Island Rescue.
« on: May 15, 2019, 07:33:08 PM »
Whilst I was waiting for stuff to dry. I thought I'd take the time to photograph the paddle steamer as I'd promised a few people(well three) I'd remake a thread on it.
To the point people popped in stuff kept getting added to the table.then its a be rude not situation.
The game was a simple smash and grab rescue.On a group of small Islands.
A plane has gone down with a millionaires son on board in a chain of pirate infested Islands( Tony added pirates . find him and rescue him gets the full reward. Be warned the local warlord has sent a 'Rescue Party'(all expenses will have to be compensated for be his 'safe' return.)
It appears the local pirates are intent upon a similar humanitarian mission.
Both the pirate's and warlord were oversized leagues simply because no one could be bother to put the extra away.( slots were ignored )
My favorite league was borrowed( the horror ! Colonel March went down leaping forward onto the first Island.)
The whole thing went backwards the pirates and the warlord stormed forward towards the crashed plane and straight into each other.
With Colonel March falling so spectacularly The league fell appart. When Sergeant Shilling was knocked out dashing to the Colonels aid.
All the while no one took a blind bit of notice of the campsite at the other end of the table (where infact the pilot and the millionaires son had set up shop at the weather station.)
With a little hint of the paddle steamers captain noticing the camp, and sent his man to negotiate a Rescue( hopefully to get everyone back on track.)
But the pirate's and the warlord were out for each other's blood.So the Paddle Steamers Captain took the opportunity of a double payday.

Sorry I did take a few more pictures but the sunlight just gave some really dodgy shadows.So I've no full table pictures.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Re: Island Rescue.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 08:51:32 PM »
Looks fun! Nice to see some of the Chinese adventurers painted up :-*. Mine are still languishing on the painting table, based and undercoated >:(
Lon
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 12:46:10 AM »
Fantastic!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 09:40:08 AM »
Cheers Chaps,

To be honest its that long since we've played in descended into anarchy . Totally forgot about initiative by the second turn it end up more like a 40k game than Pulp everyone was armed to the teeth blasting away at everything and everyone one there was more perilous action from a tsunami of D6 (actually took the paint of the nose of the female Chinese adventures with a direct hit and they were using two dice towers and biscuit tin to roll dice in.)than from and devious card play infact everyone forgot about play their cards as well. Opting for cheesy one liners and insults instead. I suppose it was inevitable once they released they'd not drunk the fridge dry from the barbeque the night before( they'd originally popped round to see if I need a hand tidying up. But only after lunch when it was a safe bet  lol  ::))
The Chinese league isn't 100% finished as they've only a lorry painted.
The Colonel March league is my favourite/personal set. (Thats why they sneaked it out and massacred it.) It's got it's own plane and armoured car in the same colour scheme. Still short some winter transportation though. But with Rich H's project I 'll probably rectifying that oversight very soon.
Appart from being more of a 'last of the summer wine '  afternoon than a full on rule bash.
It did remind me that I'd originally kept these plastic hills to convert into islands in the first place.(ship to ship pirate battles are a bit boring if theres nothing in the way at some point.) So I'm very tempted to get sidetracked into an island build session.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 10:57:12 AM »
Cheesy one liners and insults are not to be underestimated on a good night  lol lol lol

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 07:09:22 PM »
Honestly, how could you have a proper game without them? :D

Offline Johnnytodd

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 02:38:45 AM »
Nice scratch-builds!

Offline Panama

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 12:27:46 PM »
Cracking stuff :)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 04:21:21 PM »
Beautiful work! It's always a treat to see your awesome figures and terrain in action!  :-*

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 08:38:06 PM »
Cheers
It's was a fun impromptu game.
It will be a while before I tweak the hills into islands as I'm currently sidetracked on my 30's table.The next game planned needs the railway line, the church, and the Eather flyer.
Mark.

Offline Alcide Nikopol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2019, 03:16:15 AM »
You have some wonderful terrain. I am so envious. What are you using for the water areas? It almost looks like blue carpeting?
A.Nik-

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2019, 06:51:22 AM »
Awesome stuff! You have so many nice toys...

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2019, 08:34:27 AM »
Cheers Chaps.

I've been plodding away for a while building up my pulp/30's themed stuff.Every cereal packet build I've been doing has been adding to the pile and the theme.(in theory)

The sea is just a micro fleece throw (around £4 on eBay) it's great for smaller scale sea battles as you can leave a wake as you move the models across the table.
I've also a white and an olive throw that need just need a little colour adding or in the white ones case a few grass tufts UHU'd into it.On account of some fool roping me into play testing a snow themed game ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 03:48:03 PM by tin shed gamer »

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2019, 11:09:34 AM »
 ;)