Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:15:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tramps Steamer / Paddle Steamer / Fishing boat / Q ship .ALL in One  (Read 2165 times)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
A few people have asked about this old build (well three :D ) and I've mentioned it original thread as a reference to a couple of others who've been unable to find it . So rather than resurrecting an ancient thread. I promised to take a few new pictures once theres some nice weather .
Its only 25cm long and a little undersized as its more a usable proof of concepts.
As usual with this type of fun build its just household recycling and in this case pva as well as the obligatory superglue.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:02:55 PM by tin shed gamer »

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Tramps Steamer / Paddle Steamer / Fishing boat / Q ship .
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 08:22:59 PM »
A few of the possible set ups.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Tramps Steamer / Paddle Steamer / Fishing boat / Q ship .
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 10:36:03 PM »
It's a great idea.  I love these kinds of builds.  I tend to work with repurposing broken toys... sometimes cutting a couple up to make a new larger one as was the case with my tramp steamer.  What I admire most about what you have done is that it appears you were able to bring the bows together perfectly.  I couldn't come close to accomplishing that which was what drew me to repurposing a couple of toys... I simply needed a hull with a pre-made bow.  Congratulations!

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Appears being the operative word.The bow is two layers of card each layer over lapping the previous layer.Then a strip of packet folding seam /ridge over the joint to stop the layers of card de-laminating at the apex of the bow.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Well, you "pulled it together."  Looks good.

Offline Johnnytodd

• Mad Scientist
Love it!

Offline StoneMtnMinis

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
  • When in the course of Human Events
    • Stone Mountain Miniatures, Inc.
Looks great!  I like the lift-off superstructure to access the "smugglers hold". 
Dave
Stone Mountain Miniatures, Inc.
www.WargamingMiniatures.com

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch