Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:26:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Creating an Amazon Army  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
Creating an Amazon Army
« on: June 20, 2019, 07:32:13 PM »
I am looking at a uniquely different 15 MM HOTT army – an Amazon army. Now I know the first thought that comes to your mind is – “there’s nothing new about that!!! But it is not the typical Amazon army we all normally think of with scantily dressed babes with bows and swords, but a more modern approach.

OK, if you’re read this far then you might find this interesting. The Amazon army I want to do is based on book, movie and TV femme fatales, and especially those who are less politically correct and probably even a little/a lot dysfunctional. Here is my first blush approach. My idea is to have one figure per base/element, and categorized by their persona, characteristic or strength as depicted in the media.

2 x Blade – Michonne from Walking Dead, The Bride from Kill Bill
3 x Shooter – Katniss Everdeen from Hunger Games, Carol from The Walking Dead, Ellen from Quick and the Dead
1 x Warband – Jessica Jones from Jessica Jones
1 x Magician – Lucy from Lucy
1 x Rider – Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
1 x Hero – Wonder Woman from Wonder Woman
1 x Flyer – Supergirl from Supergirl
1 x ??? – Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road

Stronghold - ?????

These are the ladies that come to mind and would be fun to create and paint. So, I am looking for possible figures and welcome any suggestions. I am also needing a 15 MM motorcycle, but not a big hog like a Harley Davidson. But the type that Lisbeth rides.

I am also struggling with exactly how to play Furiosa, so would appreciate thoughts there, as well as thoughts on those I have listed – i.re. do I have them as the right type of element?

Thanks and any help or comments is appreciated.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." - Richard Adams

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Creating an Amazon Army
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 06:13:15 PM »
I cannot remember the last time I read those rules.

Furiosa is a Behemoth. In a Big Rig.

An alternative magician would be Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff.

You could go for a Scarlett Johansson medley - Black Widow, Motoko Kusanagi, the woman in the van cruising the streets of Glasgow...

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
Re: Creating an Amazon Army
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 10:46:24 PM »
U Smurf, Thanks for the suggestions, always helpful!

Furiso as a Behemoth is the best for her, but the base size to allow for a war rig makes it not a good choice unless I did it in maybe 6 MM scale. That being the case I am looking at her as a stand alone figure of some type.

I am going to replace Wonder Woman as a hero with the tank of Tank Girl as a Behemoth. I'll use a 10 MM tank for this one, and am doing it because it will be a hoot to create her tank.

I am trying to get away from comic book super heroes, save for Jessica Jones, as I am not much a fan of them. So, I'll stay with Lucy as the Magician.

Terry